• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Dale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Well this really is a must win game - not just because of the points, but more for the confidence etc. The spirit in the camp cannot be great and if we can't beat a Rochdale side on an awful run without a manager who got tonked 5-1 at home on Saturday...then we will be in trouble.

You wonder also whether a defeat might see Les walk away as the inevitable boos would ring around PP.

But lets be positive - an early goal against Dale should surely see them crumble.

Despite McGurks apparent good display at Yeovil - Devaney has to start after his last home performance (and goal), why not God forbid drop Akins and play Devaney/Adam on the wings? Expect Chicken to run around as normal. I'd also bring Joss in who is capable of a goal.

Who knows - could a loan signing be available aswell ??

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
This really is a game we should win im hoping for a home win 2 1

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Well, if there's going to be a game to get our confidence up and a few points on the table you would think this would be the one.

-22 GD, second from bottom and their last win coming on 19th November, nearly 2 months ago.

Lateef will bring some energy to the side. 2-0 :)

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Any danger of another postponement, it was very frosty over the weekend?

Last season you'd have had this down as a surefire Rochdale win, as the cure for all losing runs was a game with Rovers. We've not been quite so benevolent with teams in trouble this time, but even so...

I haven't a clue what team Les will put out tomorrow, save he's already indicated Lateef will start. The question is where. I don't think Les will be prepared to go without a big man up front, be that Tiryaki or Akins.

Prediction: Can't see much of a turnout from Rochdale, despite their relative proximity, so maybe the crowd will fall below 4k. Rovers need to win this, but can't see us keeping a clean sheet; will we manage to score more than we let in?

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Team selection will be interesting tomorrow. I would imagine Akins will be dropped for Lateef, but will Devaney start ahead of McGurk given Adam's goal at the weekend ?

Even with our poor current form, we are favourites for the game given Rochdale's dire recent record. Let's just hope we don't produce a Wycombe / Bristol Rovers style performance.

I played on an artificial pitch tonight that was virtually frozen solid, so there must be some doubt about the match going ahead. I am desperate for the game to be played, as we really need three points before going into a run of very tough fixtures.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Chesterfield and now Wrexham called off so there must be some doubt but no mention of a pitch inspection on official site.....

Player
Liam Palmer
There's more gloomy injury news. Don't be surprised when you turn up tonight!

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
It will be interesting to see what we do with Tiryaki in light of this interest from Trabzonspor. I wonder if Akins may be given a go up front. Hoping Ash T won't be in midfield.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
gutted, cant make it tonight. Probably win 5-0 :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.