• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Chester

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
First half we were very good. Defence solid and a good goal from Hogan and a fine individual goal from Norwood.

Nice to see a traditional 4-4-2. I've not been a fan of anything else. Dawson looked tricky at times but needs to be reminded to track back.

No surprise they came back at us and the penalty save was crucial given our last home game. Who knows what would have happened had that gone in.

MOM for me was Jenno just shading a solid Davies given the penalty save. Jenno hasn't been great recently but stepped up today.

A good win but means little without the same on Tuesday.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Certainly a better performance than the last few games. After Chester started brightly, for Rovers to go one up in our first real attack after four minutes calmed the nerves and subdued the travelling 1.5k+ visiting fans Cool finish from Norwood as their defenders seemed to back off put us 2 up and we were comfortable at half-time.

Second half, we sat back at times, but until their penalty weren't really troubled. If the visitors had pulled it back to 2-1, it could have been a torrid last 15 minutes. Instead, we seemed to come more back into the game and it ended up fairly comfy.

It was a game Brabin needed to win and he managed it, with a change in formation suited to those at his disposal. Good performances from Davies and Hogan at the back, both wide men in differing ways, Mangan and Norwood linking up front. I'd agree with Sparky that Jennings MoM, some good mopping up at the back, breaking up play coupled with creativity in the attacking end of the park.

It IS important that the weaknesses shown in this game are also addressed. Stop sitting back and defending deep. Avoid some of the short 'hospital balls'; Norwood a particular culprit here. Finally, when you've time on the ball, don't just launch it. Matt Hill occasionally and Ritchie Sutton far too often the transgressors.

Will end by noting that I could have lived without the Awaydays style fights outside Rock Ferry station; idiots from both sets of fans to blame here.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Will end by noting that I could have lived without the Awaydays style fights outside Rock Ferry station; idiots from both sets of fans to blame here.

Their couple of hundred numpties passed me outside the ground making offensive chants, followed no doubt by our couple of hundred numpties. The one depressing feature of the game was the reappearance of our unwanted 'fellow travellers' in the Town Paddock.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Just seen the highlights on YouTube. An excellent goal by Norwood. When did we last see a Rovers player score like that?

drwhoman

I agree BBTC. A good individual goal - do not see many of them these days. More please!