• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Brighton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I can remember some pretty awful home performances over the years in the pre-Christmas game, from the team in a 0-4 thrashing by Wimbledon & the ref in a game with Notts County where we finished with 9 men. The crowd will be even smaller than usual due to Christmas shoppers. I hope that we go 4-4-2, with a similar side to that at Scunthorpe, perhaps with Shuker starting. However I don't feel confident about this one and would settle for an end to our losing run.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Yeah, well, I differ from you in that I really expect us to win this one, and would be dissapointed with any less, but agree with calls for Shuker in a 4-4-2, and suspect Ronnie might just agree with us.

Personally, I tipped Brighton for better things this season - thought they'd be up there alongside sides like ourselves, Southend etc somewhere outside the playoffs. They've some very good players; Dean Cox is a great little (really little) lad, and also have the highly rated Bradly Johnson in on loan from Leeds. Glenn Murray is another hugely capable player. Looking at their squad and relative league position makes me feel a bit better about our supposed underachiements.

Player
Liam Palmer
I was recalling the Brentford game a few years back, lost 1-4, totally miserable. Still, let's get in the festive spirit a bit and look on the bright(on) side - our opponents on Saturday are not very good, don't travel well, will have about 20 fans backing them, we're at home - I predict and expect a win - 2-0 Rovers.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yes, let the festivities begin! 2-0 home win and we are gonna have a good Xmas! PMA!! 4-4-2 all the way with Bas and Greenacre up front.

giantkiller

Player
ALDO
They've got 6 players doubtful including their top scorer who's a big doubt. Im going for a 3-0 win.

Ally

Player
Aldo
I'm expecting 3 points from Santa for this one. In fact, the next 3 games on paper are all winnable so I'll be hoping for a good haul of points over the festive season. Might cheer us all up a bit!

Player
Liam Palmer
This might cheer us up even more: Ronnie has said if Bas scores a hat-trick tomorrow Ronnie will dye his own hair blue. If ever there was an incentive for our first hat-trick since nineteenoatcake, this is it.....

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Brighton were a better side last year when we beat them 2-0, so we SHOULD win. Bas Savage, who played for the Seagulls at PP last season, will be keen to put one over his ex-mates. We are certainly due a victory and anything less will not bode well for Christmas and the New Year. I just hope the crowd are patient and get behind the team. The lads need a little confience.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Stuck with 442, Shukes for Sonko the only change. Brighton brought about 150, but poor home turnout.

Status
Not open for further replies.