• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

"Rovers Chase Former Walsall Duo"

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
I always thought Sonko looked pretty handy. Could be half decent.

Also heard from someone in the Cork area that O'Callaghan is definitely on the move!!

drwhoman

Walsall Signings

I am pleased to hear that we are going to sign someone or else Ronnie is going to have to put himself on the bench on Saturday! However, these are not the sort of signings that are going to help get us promoted although they may help us avoid relegation! A case of Johnson and co just wanting to keep us afloat rather than invest any more money. I see there is also talk of Godwin Antwi the Liverpool reserve defender coming on loan - at least he is young! Perhaps we should also be asking for Jay Spearing and one or two other promising Reds! We could do no worse! Lets face it, unless we get a decent injection of cash from a proper investor (and not some dodgy person wanting to redevelop the ground!) division one is all we can hope for - sorry to be negative but it is true - you cannot even develop your own these days - they just bugger off to Derby or wherever.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It doesn't seem like we're facing any competition to secure these signings, which tells a story in itself. In which case, if they were really on Ronnie's hit list, why didn't we get them signed up sooner? With Steve Davies it was the manner of his leaving rather than the fact of it which rankles. Accepting we need to develop and sell talent in our current position, one of Ronnie's biggest failings has been the lack of opportunity given to home grown talent. Hopefully the thin squad will mean the likes of Henry, Holmes and Gornell get a proper chance now. I'm not familiar with the Red's reserves, but there are other top flight clubs in the NW who we should also tap into for reserve team loans. However,these should be in positions where we haven't any in-house alternatives, left midfield being a case in point. The other case for taking such players is if they're clearly a star in the making; think Beckham @Preston. Finally, while accepting the Drs point that L1 is the best we could hope for with the current board, given some astute signings Rovers could be play-off contenders again. Whether our failure to make such signings is down to Ronnie's slowness or board restrictions, it's hard to tell.

lonerover

Player
Johnny Morrissey
At last a new signing!!! Would hazard a guess that this is our left wing replacement as he can play on either side. Gives us good options in being able to swap him and Shukes during games too. Apparently he's quick and tricky too.

Back to the good old days of Morrisey and Nevin??

lonerover

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Good to see it was on the official site before the BBC to for a change!!!!