• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rochdale v Rovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Two crucial games against teams near the bottom coming up. Win this and Exeter and we're as good as safe, lose both and Rovers are back in trouble. Most likely is something in between.

Rovers lost last season's corresponding fixture 3-2 in the snow. Since then Dale have gone through 2 managers after Keith Hill decamped to Barnsley. John Coleman is currently in charge, some would have liked him at Rovers. Although they won at the weekend, he hasn't yet managed a wholesale turnaround in their fortunes.

Couple of decisions for Ronnie. If Robinson is near fit, he's likely to replace Zoum. There might be an inclination to replace Brunt with Cassidy, though Ryan's work-rate may get him the nod for this one.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
A musnt lose game this one if we are to avoid a nervous end to the season, i think another 1 1 draw.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
If Robbo is fit, I think Ronnie will play him, that's not saying Zoum hasn't done a good job in his absence. I'd like to see Zoum in the team every week in place of that clown on the wing, but you can't always get what you want.

Brunt is still raw around the edges and showed when he was 1-on-1 with the keeper, but his work rate is high and I think he'll benefit from having quite a few games under his belt, whereas Cassidy might still be a little rusty. Good option to have on the bench.

If everyone continues to work hard for each other and are not afraid of going forward, I think we'll win this one 2-1.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I've a feeling we'll struggle. After our recent run of form, I think Rochdale will want to win more than us. John Coleman is a good manager and Rochdale will only get better.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I would settle for a draw from this one. While Rochdale have not won that many under Coleman they have been very difficult to beat, and have held Huddersfield, Wednesday and Charlton in recent weeks. Up front, Symes has given them a real goal threat since arriving from Bournemouth.

It will be interesting to see Moore come up against Coleman, two chips off the same block really.

I think Brunt will start again ahead of Cassidy and would expect Robinson to return, although Zoum put in a good showing on Saturday.

Rob

Player
Clint Hill
Looking forward to this, Rochdale is always an enjoyable away trip.

Predicting a win, their squad is nowhere near as good as the one that beat us on Boxing day so no excuse to come away with anything besides 3 points really.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
As we're away from home and they won on Saturday, got to be happy with a point here to keep the unbeaten run going and lead us into Exeter at home on Saturday which we should be winning.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Looking forward to this, Rochdale is always an enjoyable away trip.

Predicting a win, their squad is nowhere near as good as the one that beat us on Boxing day so no excuse to come away with anything besides 3 points really.
We drew 0-0 at home to them on 17th January.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Come on!!!!!!!! Ronnie Moores SWA!!!!!!!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
ohhhhhhhhhh yessssssssssssssssssss!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.