• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

results whilst under Ray Mathias in the 2003/04

• Thread starter championship_here_we_come
  • Start date
C

championship_here_we_come

Brentford (h) W4-1,
Hartlepoool (a) D0-0,
Rushden and Diamonds (h) L1-2,
Stockport (a) D1-1,
Colchester (h) D1-1,
Sheffield Wednesday (a) L2-0,
Peterborough (h) D0-0,
Bristol City (a) L2-0,
Notts County (a) D2-2,
Wrexham (h) L1-2,
Wycombe (h) W2-1
Luton (a) L3-1.

12 games and 11 points

this season after 12 games we have picked up 13 points

so the question has to be asked why are some of us(not me) defending little

championship_here_we_come said:
Brentford (h) W4-1,
Hartlepoool (a) D0-0,
Rushden and Diamonds (h) L1-2,
Stockport (a) D1-1,
Colchester (h) D1-1,
Sheffield Wednesday (a) L2-0,
Peterborough (h) D0-0,
Bristol City (a) L2-0,
Notts County (a) D2-2,
Wrexham (h) L1-2,
Wycombe (h) W2-1
Luton (a) L3-1.

12 games and 11 points John McMahon took over at the Wycombe game. get you're point though mate :!:

this season after 12 games we have picked up 13 points

so the question has to be asked why are some of us(not me) defending little

C

championship_here_we_come

"Aldo's Worthy 2000 wot are you doing what a pointless post just quote me and dats it??????"

i take this back sorry

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
whats this topic meaning whats coming from it

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Our away record has shocking then! Have we always been awful away from home? :roll:

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
apart from last season.

S

Seanyb

I think people are not defending Little, but they are jumping the gun which every 'expert' football fan does. E.g. people where screaming out to get Sven sacked after we got beat against N.Ireland, but now we are at the World cup it's a different story. That was 1 lose out of 11 matches!

Before to post back saying 'well tranmere haven't been on that kind of form', of course I am bitterly dissapointed with the way the season has gone but I've never been a believer in just sacking a manager everytime a team loses some form. Everton have stuck to their guns with this. Fans just seem to forget what work the managers have already done for their club. David Moyes got them a Champions League place last year! Now they have had a bad spell some fans want him out, other fans are more open minded (like what some of our fans need to be to).

The classic case of keeping faith with Your manager was Alex Ferguson. Rubbish at first, the board kept faith in him and the rest as they say is history.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
The problem with Brian Little is he's repeated rather than learned from past mistakes. When he arrived we were warned by fans of other clubs he'd managed notably WBA & Stoke of his tendency to do anything to ensure his favourites play and putting good players out of position. On Saturday we had 2 centre backs occupying the full-back slots, even though we had one perfectly decent left-back in the midfield and another on the bench. When he made a change, it was to take off the proven scorer in the team, who while not at his best was still more committed than some others, together with taking off the only wide player and replacing him with a young striker, who was asked to play more as a left-winger. To be fair, Steve Davies did rather well.

He also lacks empathy with the support, basically saying live with it/it's good for them when our two best players were sold. He hadn't utilised funds apparently available to bring adequate replacements in, so that 3 months after Ryan Taylor left, we still haven't got a right-back at the club and have to make do with converted central defenders like Linwod & Bruce. His comments about fans after the Oldham game were inept, as was his dismissive wave to the concern at the substitutions on Saturday.

Let's face it things aren't going to get better and I don't think there are many games where you could say we've been unlucky this season. On Saturday, were it not for an excellent save and some sloppy finishing, we could have been well-beaten. Unless he leaves, it will be a struggle to stay in this league.

DixieDean

Boz said:
On Saturday, were it not for an excellent save and some sloppy finishing, we could have been well-beaten. Unless he leaves, it will be a struggle to stay in this league.

I agree totally. I think Brian expects things to turn around, but I just can't see where our next league win is going to come from.

As things stand, we are doomed to fall into League 2 obscurity.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
I've given brian so many chances. I've shouted a few things and thought I hope he doesn;t go but at the moment I don;t see what good hes doing staying, not only were notgetting results, our attendances are going down, which will affect revenue, if little was gettin us those wins we would be getting 9,000 this season, but people donl;t waste their money watching us getting beat or drawing againsy sh*tty little teams. so little things like that are all geting affected.

DixieDean

bolton_hater said:
people don't waste their money watching us getting beat or drawing againsy sh*tty little teams.

drawing and losing would not put me off going to see them. It's the manner in which they play that would put me off. They are so passionless and that only stems from one man!

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
I know what you mean, Id go and watch them anyway, but I mean fans who go and pay on the day, alot will feel put off and wont want to waste their money.