• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Relegation is closing in.....

DixieDean

the following set of results are my predictions for (important) games to be played between now and the end of the season in league 1:

Tranmere 0-1 Bristol City
MK Dons 1-0 Tranmere
Tranmere 1-2 Doncaster (fatty gets the 90th minute winner)
Rotherham 3-1 Scunthorpe
Rotherham 0-1 MK Dons
Swindon 1-0 Brentford
Swindon 2-0 Huddersfield
Yeovil 2-1 Gillingham

Perhaps a couple of them are a bit far fetched (Swindon beating Brentford) but the way this league has been it would not surprise me.
MK Dons are resurgent having won their last 3 games, so the 2 wins above are not impossible.
Rotherham have won 3 of their last 5, the latest being a 2-0 win at Swansea! So their game with MK Dons could be vital. I've gone for an away win for dramatic effect.

The way we have been playing, it would be no surprise to lose all 3 remaining games and if the above predictions are correct then Yeovil, Rothertham, Swindon and MK Dons would all finish above us....

...and we'll be playing in League 2 next season.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Interesting angle on things there Dixie. I'd have to say the chances of this are slim. It's the worst possible scenario, but then again, this is football! I mean, we are five points from the drop zone with 9 points to play for. Is one win out of our last three really to much to ask for? (dont answer that one!).

DixieDean

am i right in thinking that Zola, O'Leary and Aiston are all out for the rest of the season now?

Can't say I'm very optimistic.

There is pretty much always a surprise team that gets relegated when results go against them on the last day. I just hope it's not us, but can just see Sean Thornton's fat smiling face after he's scored the winner for Doncaster.....

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
Don't think we'll go down, can't really see Swindon beating Brentford and Huddersfield.

I'm depressed rather than worried.

Always look on the white side of life :wink:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
It's true Dixie, we are going to be down a few players. However good news on the horizon. Murray should be fit to start which means we can get that clown Wilson out of goal!

Seriously though, yes, we are missing big players. Aiston, O'Leary, Jackson and Zola. It's going to be a very difficult game.

OK. let's looks at those below us and try and make sense of this madness.

Blackpool
43pl, 51pts

H Barnsley
A Scunthorpe
H Gillingham

Rotherham
43pl, 50pts

H Scunthorpe
A Colchester
H MK Dons

Yeovil
43pl, 49pts

H Gillingham
A Huddersfield
H Colchester

Swindon
43pl, 46pts

H Brentford
A Bristol City
H Huddersfield

MK Dons
43pl, 46pts

A Chesterfield
H Tranmere
A Rotherham

Hartlepool
43pl, 45pts

H Nottm Forest
A Brentford
H Port Vale

Walsall
43pl, 44pts

H Huddersfield
A Gillingham
H Barnsley

Really, for me, the bottom four are going to struggle big time to break that 3 point barrier from 46 to 49 points. I think rock bottom Walsall are down. They got to play two team in the top six and their other match is away to Gillingham who are second in the form table having won 6 of their last 6 games!

Hartlepool have got two homes, but one against Nottm Forest who are top of the form table (last 6 games). Away at Brentford who are third.

MK Dons are playing well, winning 3 out of their last 6 games. Their last 3 games are against teams who are in the lower half of the league and it is possible for them to get themselves out of trouble if they keep up their current form.

And Swindon have got Brentford (3rd), Bristol City (9th) and Huddersfield (4th) so they'll struggle with their current form (2 wins in 6)..

I do think we'll win at least one of our last 3 games. We cant go 6 defeats in a row! Can we? :???: Or maybe a draw or two. all we need is a few points.

Now that took far too long to write! :whistle:

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
Dixie, I agree, I'm not conident whatsoever that we'll stay up., I fele sick at the thought of going down but I'll blame it entirely on Litlte.

DixieDean

Ian said:
And Swindon have got Brentford (3rd), Bristol City (9th) and Huddersfield (4th) so they'll struggle with their current form (2 wins in 6)..

your logic implies that Birmingham (1 win in 9) had no chance against Blackburn (6th) tonight but look what happened.

Form goes out the window now. It's about bottle, guts and good management. I don't know about you, but I've not seen much of those three attributes this season....

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I know Dixie, but this is going to have to happen with half the results. We aint taking about one game here. The chances of your worst possible situation happening is slim. Poissible but slim.

DixieDean

Ian said:
I know Dixie, but this is going to have to happen with half the results. We aint taking about one game here. The chances of your worst possible situation happening is slim. Poissible but slim.

Do you want to have a rethink mate?

I'm afraid after watching the Bristol game we are as good as relegated.

2 points off relegation zone and for our last 2 games we have no McAteer, O'leary, Aiston, Jackson or Zola. And we havent scored a goal without Zola in the side for over 2 months!!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Dixie, I think you could be right mate. We were dire again today. Players getting sent off again, ohh, god, it was just awful. I can't believe we are now 2 points of relegation!

No goals in four games, four straight defeats and we visit the Dons next week! This is a ****ing disaster.

What annoys me the most is that he players dont seem to give a toss. What are they doing? These are our most important games of the season, and we've got players getting red cards. Are they ****ing stupid? That's now killed of 2 games and we are down like 4/5 players.

And we havent scored a goal without Zola in the side for over 2 months!!
This is a great point. I said we need him in the side, and it's true! We can't score a ****ing goal fort christ sake!!

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Relegation is a very serious prospect at the moment, sadly. Sadly the players don't seem to give a sh!t and with so many players missing our chances are decreasing by the second.

MK dons, away, next week. 6 pointer. If they can't get themselves up for that game, they can all go in the summer. Little must go too, but the players have been apalling recently and must take their share of the blame.

BOBBY CONN

I'm in Australia, the sun is shining but this is a **** day...
SORT IT OUT BRIAN, GET US OUT OF THIS MESS YOU HAVE GOT US IN THEN LEAVE TO BECOME A ***** B GRADE TV PUNDIT.
WITH YOUR NEGATIVITY, STUPID TEAM SELECTIONS, POOR TRANSFER 'ACTIVITY' AND REFUSAL TO PLAY YOUR BEST PLAYERS IN THEIR PREFERRED POSITIONS YOU HAVE ALMOST SUNK THIS CLUB!
YOU HAVE RUINED ROBERTS, PLAYED HARRISON FOR TWO SEASONS WHEN HIS 'TALENT' DOES NOT EVEN WARRANT TWO GAMES AT THIS LEVEL AND RELEASED PAUL HALL, WHO AFTER HUMEY AND TAYLOR WAS THE ONLY CREATIVE PLAYER WE HAD LEFT! I FEEL SORRY FOR THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN SUBJECTED TO THIS ***** THIS SEASON!
I used to stuck by Little but am totally bewildered now! I will be absolutely gutted if when I get back for next season we are playing Accrington Stanley, its a fu*k*n joke...

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
BOBBY CONN said:
I will be absolutely gutted if when I get back for next season we are playing Accrington Stanley, its a fu*k*n joke...
Who are they?..

Sorry :oops:

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
Oh dear.

After saying I wasn't worried last week, I'm now very, very worried. We're going to be lucky to get draws out of our last two matches with so many players missing, which means our fate is largely in the hands of those teams below us.

Oh dear, dear, dear. #-o

S

Stephen

Hello guys im new this forum.

How the hell has this happend to Tranmere? I have to admit to being a Spurs supporter living Birkenhead for 3 years now. Last season i went to several games including the 1-1 v Luton at home and the play-off semi v Hartlepool. Due to new kids etc my time hasnt allowed me to make it to Prenton Park this seson. I thought i was looking at a Championship team in the making but it wasnt to be. I realise Tramere lost Hume and Taylor and the loss of Actherburg to injury cant help things but why have things got so bad? Why were players not replaced? Is Rogers or Little to blame?

Hope you guys dont think im out of order coming on your forum :-D

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Welcome to the board.

It's Little's fault. He picks the players to sign and release. He picks the formation to play in, and most of all he picks the players on the pitch and the bench. He's not got one iota of sense when it comes to any of those areas, and the one good signing he's made (Greenacre) and one good loan signing (Francis) are hugely outweighed by all the diabolical players he's signed (Beresford, Wilson, Seremet, Murray, Onura, and arguebly McAteer, Summerbee, Bruce - don't even get me started on Theo Whitmore) and the fact that he's let go Loran, Jones, Dagnall, Howarth (GK) and Hall, perhaps unavoidably also Hume and Taylor.

Ally

Player
Aldo
Welcome Will.

Anyhoo, I am now convinced we'll be playing league 2 football next season (I know I'm always negative, but I can't see us staying up - we haven't even scored a goal for a month!). Hopefully though, Little will see sense and bugger off when we go down, rather than continuing to 'manage' our team.

It's like he's taken out some kind of personal vendetta against the club, by replacing good players with dross and draining their confidence by playing people out of position or in negative formations. I know we've missed Hume, Hall and Taylor, and arguably Achterberg's absence has meant a lack of confidence at the back, but Little has completely f u c k e d us over.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Ally said:
It's like he's taken out some kind of personal vendetta against the club, by replacing good players with dross and draining their confidence by playing people out of position or in negative formations. I know we've missed Hume, Hall and Taylor, and arguably Achterberg's absence has meant a lack of confidence at the back, but Little has completely f u c k e d us over.

I know it seems like this mate, but the truth is, he's completely unaware about how dreadful he is as a manager. He has no sense of reality and that about 90% of the fans now want him out. (ok, that was a rough figure).. He's annoyingly oblivious to the negativity surrounding him.

It's nothing personal for him. Look at his record and how he's destroyed every club he's been too. That's what he does, he's just a **** manager. He's the second most hated man at WBA. Lucky for them, Gary Megson stepped in and saved them from the drop. Before then, he'd made them into a team that couldn't score a goal. Sound familiar?

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
What a disaster the past few weeks have been and I can honestly say I can't see where our next goal is coming from, let alone win that we so desperately need. Lose to MK Dons and Rotherham and Hartlepool collect good results in their games and it might not even be in our hands come the final day!! If we go down I think it will take years for us to get promoted back up.