• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Priority scheme

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I don't know if anyone else is aware, but the club have introduced a points-based priority system for away tickets next season, based on the number of games attended. Season ticket holders automatically receive ten points, but additional points are added for every away game attended: to receive the 'away' points you have to log in on your mobile at the opposition ground, a quite ingenious scheme which was necessary as most clubs at this level don't issue tickets.

I would guess that if you don't join up and attend at least a couple of away matches you won't be able to get tickets for the Chester and Wrexham games next season. In general, I think it is a good scheme which finally gives some recognition to the regular away travellers. Apparently the OSC are going to give prizes to anyone with a 100% record and might publish an away attendance league table at the end of the season.

Last edited:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Interesting that there going to be another 800 miles added onto away journeys next season. Phew, that's some travelling. I'll probably make the Southport game again, but will have no chance getting tickets for Chester or Wrexham. Great idea for the regulars that travel miles to watch the whites.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
My view is they ought to attach a bit more weight to having a season-ticket in the points system, although I can see the merit in rewarding those who do a fair amount of travel going to away games. There are a fair number of Rovers exiles in the SE, is the fact that they are not travelling long distances to say Sutton or Woking factored in to awarding the points? Not totally convinced this has been carefully thought through.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
My view is they ought to attach a bit more weight to having a season-ticket in the points system, although I can see the merit in rewarding those who do a fair amount of travel going to away games. There are a fair number of Rovers exiles in the SE, is the fact that they are not travelling long distances to say Sutton or Woking factored in to awarding the points? Not totally convinced this has been carefully thought through.

I think it is fair enough that a season ticket gives you priority for big home games, trips to Wembley and the like, but I have never understood why people who never attend away matches should get priority for away tickets over those that do regularly, but don't have the means to commit to a season ticket. Attendance at away matches is not just about the financial commitment, it is also about the cost in time and energy. There are only 3-400 away regulars who will rack up high points scores, so any ST holders who attend a handful of away matches still stand a decent chance of getting a Chester or Wrexham ticket.

The issue you refer to in your second sentence is a potential problem, but any system has flaws. In reality, I doubt many of the couple of hundred exiles who went to Dover and Bromley will come all the way back up here for the Chester game. You could also argue that long distance season ticket holders miss out under this system, as for them home games are 'away' matches and they won't get any recognition for the miles they have travelled.