• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Pre-season friendlies

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
They have been quick off the mark in arranging a couple of interesting games. Bolton should be fun, but the Liverpool game should generate a great atmosphere and a large crowd if (as the OS claims) Juergen Klopp brings most of his first-team squad. I think he might do so, apart from his Euro 16 players. In an unusual move to accommodate the Reds' fans, the home supporters are being allowed into the Cowshed. May be I should now change my White Review member name!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Should generate a bit of income. One friendly I might go to.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I can't say I am enamoured by the idea of giving the Liverpool, ahem, supporters the Kop, but at least it will keep a lot of the Telepool crowd out of the home stands.

Financially, it is a no-brainer for the club. If we fill the ground we could generate £250,000-£300,000 and pay a quarter of the annual wage budget at a stroke.

drwhoman

Yes I agree RLC. What Ibramovic at 34 is asking Utd to pay him a week! The Premier League has gone mad!

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
The Kop handed over?
Talk about roll over and tickle my stomach.
If it's right I won't go.
Some kopites sitting in our three seats.
No thank you.
Allocate town end of main stand to them with cowshed.

M

Mal

With all due respect, I think you should look at the bigger picture. One game.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I think the decision was based on maximising much needed revenue. The SWA would not have filled the ground so you have to find enough space for all the Reds fans without a huge cost in stewarding. As Mal says, it's only one game.

Reactions: Ian

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
The Kop handed over?
Talk about roll over and tickle my stomach.
If it's right I won't go.
Some kopites sitting in our three seats.
No thank you.
Allocate town end of main stand to them with cowshed.

We should be able to sell over 10,000 tickets for this game, its a friendly and the more money we can make from it the better hope they sell out.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Supply and demand and all that but £20 seems a bit steep for a friendly.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Supply and demand and all that but £20 seems a bit steep for a friendly.
It's very steep, particularly if the Reds send a team of lads. However, if their team is mainly first-team squad, it's not so bad. It's a reminder how cheap NL tickets are compared with Premier League!