• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

poll? Allen, Moore, or Other???

• Thread starter championship_here_we_come
  • Start date

Allen, Moore, or Other???

• Total voters
C

championship_here_we_come

who do you want Allen, Moore, or Other???

i voted Allen

ps: ian how do you put a poll in on these new forums

Edit scrap that ps i worked it out

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Think Allen would shake things up and he's the complete opposite to Little in terms of positive thinking...but I can't honestly see him coming to us.

Ronnie Moore did a very good job for a while at Rotherham, but made less impact at Oldham...really not sure.

Aldo has done nothing on the management side since leaving us. What can he offer now extra to what he had at the time of leaving?

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Moore. Of course. Always wanted him to be Tranmere manager, a former player, he waited and learnt under Kingy and was a crucial part of the backroom team during the best ever time in Tranmere's history. Then went to other clubs and covered himself in yet more success on very small budgets. A man who knows football and how to deal with people. First choice.

Ally

Player
Aldo
I really don't understand why people would want Aldo back. He was a superb player for us, and gave his all as the gaffer, but seriously, what could he do that he hadn't tried already?

It's nostalgia clouding your judgment lads. Personally I'd prefer a brand new face, someone who's never been involved with the club before, i.e. Martin A.

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
I've gone with Ronnie Moore, but would be happy with him or Allen.

just wish they'd hurry up.

DixieDean

Ronnie has left Oldham so I reckon he's bang on for the job. My 1st choice and fits the "template" for PJ's selection criteria as exclusively revealed by me here on whitereview :lol: =D>

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I've gone for Allen but wouldn't be disappointed with Moore.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I want Moore for the reasons every else has listed, so I wont repeat them. Some of us on here have wanted him in charge for some time. Let's hope it's him. On a slightly seperate note, having Moore on the main page of the official Rovers site saying Tranmere should be in the Championship. What does this all mean? Is it wetting our appetite for a Moore announcement?

Moore all the way for me. He is solid and dependable. He was mooted many times for bigger and better clubs when he was at Rotherham but he stayed. I think he wants the job as bad as many fans want him.

I've said on another thread that I think he would fit in well at PP. Look what he did at Oldham, personally they've made a mistake and may come to regret it.

Right time for us i feel..... With Ronnie in charge next season, it might not end up being a complete struggle. He has always managed to cobble a side together that is always competative. I'd feel more optamistic about next season if he was in charge, handy he has history with us too :wink:

Either way an exciting 'next season' we will have [-o< \\:D/

S

slawlane

Cant help but feel we need a manager to give tranmere a kick up the backside, we need someone like aldo who's gonna throw things in the dressing room get inside there head and make the match more mental than pysical, that is why ive voted for mad dog allen. However i'll be happy with whoever the manager is just aslong as he gets rid of Goodison!

Cant understand why ppl r askin for aldo to come back, becos he left the team on bad terms with lorraine rogers didnt he?