• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Players released

Player
Liam Palmer
And they're expecting us to cough up for season tickets when we don't know who we'll be watching..... Just the usual confusion, I'm afraid.

More positively, there will be literally hundreds of free agents looking for clubs this summer, so there's bound to be some talent ends up with us.

But Sheriff. FFS!:shock::shock::shock:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I've already coughed up for my season ticket. But I'd support them if they had 11 donkeys running around the pitch! I must have issues.

It's a shame we don't get more than holidays offers and chances to bet on the Champs league final from the official site.

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
I'm with you on that one Ian. The official site is rubbish. I hear more news on here and on BBC than on any other sites, hell even Sky Sports & ITV's coverage is better.

Hoping the next few weeks will start the comings and goings! Is Mike Newell still circling the area??

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Although you can't blame Davies for moving on eventually, I do think it's a bit harsh if he decides to leave, considering he spent most of the year with Les Parry nursing him back to fitness. You look after your young players and they f*ck off the first chance they get. Kind of annoying..

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I'm not sure Derby is the greatest career move for him either, with the players Jewell brought in, didn't manage to win a single game and can't see them doing much next year. Though it's the next level for Steve Davies, there are better prospects.

TomTRFC09

Player
Goodison
Realise What "Released" Means !!

Our previous season have resulted in a loack of players meaning that any injuries results in us having to change our formation to one that is un-rehearsed and under practised, meaning that players have to keep changing and remain unsettled all the way throught the season.
We are getting rid of some of the best players we've got:
Mike Jones, underplayed and underestimated [-(
Robbie Stockdalde, most played and 2nd best defender :-s
Steve Davies, going to Leeds :-x
Calvin Zola, loved by everyone PLEASE STAY CALVIN !! [-o<

Our next season 08-09 will result in injuries getting the better of us AGAIN and us fighting relegation AGAIN, but unfortunately, I don't have trust in Ronnie to make sure that we can continue to stay away from the dreaded League 2

AND WHY WHY WHY ?!?!?
DID WE OFFER SHERRIFF A NEW CONRTACT !?!?!?!!?

Mike Newell no longer connected with any possition at the club and talks have finished with Best Holdings

Sherriff OUT
Rogers OUT
Johnson OUT

Player
Curran,Humey,R.Taylor,Goodison,Jacko,Robbo
Why Sherriff Out???he Is Back Up For Left Back Left Mid And Centre Back!!!i Also Reckon He Is A Brilliant Player And If He Goes We Will Be F*cked!!

Player
Goodison
which Sherriff have you been watching? He's versatile but he's not good enough to be anything more than a squad player at best.

lonerover

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Sherriff OUT
Rogers OUT
Johnson OUT[/quote]

Ok so maybe Shane Sherriff although that is a matter of opinion!! But Lorraine Rogers who has put this club on a better financial footing for more years than I can recall?? And Peter Johnson who we owe 6.5 million pounds and who isn't calling for it back? Are you going to pay him the money back???

Get a grip and realise that we are a club with very little if no money to spend and that promotion from this division would be a great achievement. The days of the early 90s and play offs for the Premier League and a team full of internationals are over!!!

Be grateful that this club is still in existence and that we can still support our beloved Super Whites every Saturday and get behind the manager and the team!!!!!

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Johnson OUT

The delusion level of some fans is amazing. Where's the next owner going to come from huh? Someone who is prepared to take on the big debts and also invest further millions into the club to take it forward? Doesn't exist.

Be under no illusions, Peter Johnson's money keeps us in business. We have the best solution available to us at the moment, it's better to be just making ends meet than to be in administration or worse.

And Peter Johnson who we owe 6.5 million pounds and who isn't calling for it back? Are you going to pay him the money back???

Brilliant!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
There is a common element, notably within the younger generation of supporters that seem to think we should be battling it out for a Premiership position and that the threesome of Rogers, Jonhson and Moore are bad eggs and shouldn't be within 50 miles of the club.

Get a grip and realise that we are a club with very little if no money to spend and that promotion from this division would be a great achievement. The days of the early 90s and play offs for the Premier League and a team full of internationals are over!!!

Nicely summed up Lonerover.
Shame though, those were good times. :roll:

Ally

Player
Aldo
The problem is that we seem to be agonisingly close each season to looking like we might go up, and I think it's this that causes the frustration in the close-season when we don't hear anything from the club, and all we can do is speculate.

Agree Ian, they were good times in the 90s, but as you say, we've all got to realise that it's highly unlikely we'll ever be able to get back to the dizzy heights of top 6 Championship finishes. In fact, it's only ever going to happen if some rich local benefactor with literally more money than sense decides they want to take ownership of the club. And who in their right mind would do that?

We need to face facts. We are a league 1 team with players of that standard (generally speaking). Gaining promotion into the Championship would be an amazing achievement - and one that seems to be slipping away further and further every season.

lonerover

Player
Johnny Morrissey
I think the issue here is that us older....i mean more mature supporters :-D remember struggling to get 1500 on a Friday night in the old fourth division and what an achievement it was to get promoted from there!!

You've hit the nail on the head Ally. We are are League 1 side with mostly League 1 players and League 1 attendances!! Yes the Championship years were great but money breeds success which breeds more money. And at the moment we haven't got either!!

Keep the faith and keep Super White