• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Player of the year

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Who has everybody voted for ?

My choices were as follows:

Player of the year: James Norwood
Young player of the year: Adam Mekki
Goal of the season: James Norwood v Woking

Only Scott Davies came close to beating Norwood for POTS in my view. However, if McNulty and Ihiekwe had played together all season they would probably have got my votes for the senior and young player awards respectively.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Still thinking about it. Probably also Norwood and Mekki for the players awards and Norwood on terms of effort as much as anything.
Goal of the season; GTF v Torquay, no doubt about that one.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Can't argue with that.
Based solely on the time he's been with us Big Mac would get the vote.
Scotty has been top class all season. I thought OFW would be hard act to follow but I think we now have a better 'complete' keeper.
Ihiekwe has been so much better since he persuaded himself, or GB, that he's not really a right back!
Bit of a shame that there hasn't been more competition for the young player award. Probably says more about the need to get out of this league than the quality of the young lads waiting in the wings. Some of the teams we have played wouldn't look out of place playing for St Helens and would have eaten them.
Nors is on a two year contract isn't he?

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I don't get to enough games to qualify for a vote but from the reports I've seen, I can't argue with the above. The two players we'd have missed most this season are certainly Norwood and Davies. Just add up their goals and saves respectively. On the young player vote, there is much less competition. I was warned when GB was appointed that he was well known for not bringing on youngsters. I found this strange, given his last job, but his treatment of the likes of Margetts, Kirby and even Mekki makes you wonder. Granted it's a difficult time to blood inexperienced players, but I'd rather have seen more of our younger players on the pitch than some of the very poor loanees he's dredged up.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Agreed with RLC choices. Would have been a lot closer had McNulty been playing earlier on. Agree about the younger players, there's not a great deal to choose from.