• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Player of the Season

Player of the season

• Owain Fon Williams

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Danny Holmes

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Robbie Weir

• Ian Goodison

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Enoch Showumni

• John Welsh

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Lucas Akins

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Andy Robinson

• Ash Taylor

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • David Buchanan

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters

DIW

Player
Goodison
Suggestions for your player of the season in here please.

Not easy for me this as I don't think any one player really stands out. Fon Williams has done well without being spectacular as has Buchanan and Welsh. Danny Holmes has been good at right back but not enough games for him. Robbo not enough games, ditto Wallace, and labadie despite the fact that he is, I believe top scorer. Goody has been decent for most of the season, although we expect that of him and i reckon he has another year in him.

Overall I would have to go with Ash Taylor, generally his performances have been good (although his limitations are obvious but he is playing CB an League 1 so some of his distribution can be forgiven), and his character has shown through well, particularly after that home game against Carlisle where he was treated appalling by certain sections of the crowd. He didn't go missing after that though and rode it out well.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Buchanan for me has been very consistant all season.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Poll added. Only had 10 options, so couldnt list the whole team.

Rob

Player
Clint Hill
Ash Taylor with Danny Holmes a close second

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Buchanan for his work rate and consistency. Very reliable player. Surprise package for me as I wasn't execting a great deal when he signed. Holmes in second for the same reasons, he just hasn't had as many games.

In fact, I've been very impressed with the lads that have come from the lower divisons. They've been our most consistent performers.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
1. Buchanan
2. Fonners
3. Holmesy

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I'm a bit surprised at the lack of support for Welsh.

Holmes to me whilst has done well, has only really played half a season.

Ash has excelled in recent weeks, but did have a real dodgy spell that led to all the muppets at the back of the kop unfairly booing him but he still wasnt playing well.

I agree that OFW and Buchanan have both done well but I am going for Welshy.

Obviously a lot of what he does goes unnoticed but I think he has been the most consistent performer over the season.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I'm a bit surprised at the lack of support for Welsh.

Holmes to me whilst has done well, has only really played half a season.

Ash has excelled in recent weeks, but did have a real dodgy spell that led to all the muppets at the back of the kop unfairly booing him but he still wasnt playing well.

I agree that OFW and Buchanan have both done well but I am going for Welshy.

Obviously a lot of what he does goes unnoticed but I think he has been the most consistent performer over the season.

Really? I can't say Welsh has impressed much this season, though his form has picked up under Ronnie. He's at his best breaking up the play and staying well away from taking set-pieces.

Buchanan has been steadily consistent throughout the season, Ash Taylor and Danny Holmes have had more stand-out performances, but also some troughs. Hard to separate the three of them.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
I think Welsh hides sometimes and isn't v good with the ball. He's fine like, but he hasn't really stepped up to the mark this season.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
David Buchanan started the season as a squad player but fought his way into the team and kept his place through being consistent and injury-free. For me, the only other candidates are OFW and Danny Holmes, but DB has played more games.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
1. Danny Holmes (yes, he has only played half a season but he has been really good)

2. Ash Taylor

3. David Buchanan