• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Peter Shilton assistant manager?

S

slawlane

Some one at work as just told me they heard on city tht Peter Shilton has signed for tranmere as Assistant manager? anybody else hear this?

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Apparently it was on radio city who have been pretty accurate with their tranmere news this pre season. Although its not Peter Shilton its Peter Shirtliff. I think this would be a decent appointment by Ronnie. Former Mansfield manager.

Player
Morrisey
Haha. Two slightly different people. I thought that we were linked with Shirtlifter and then this came up. lol. He will be a good appointment along with Achterberg they will do well as a team.

The Rovers!

Player
Pat Nevin/Kenny Irons
http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1811_2463039,00.html

:roll: Radio City do it again!!!! :roll:.... lol

Tranmere manager Ronnie Moore has appointed former Mansfield boss Peter Shirtliff as his assistant following John Breckin's departure.

The 46-year-old former Sheffield Wednesday player fills the void left by Breckin's departure from Prenton Park at the end of last season. and Moore is looking forward to working with his new right-hand man. He said:

"Peter has vast experience as a player. He learnt from some of the best managers in this country, in Ron Atkinson, Graham Taylor, Trevor Francis and Dave Bassett. His coaching ability is second to none and I know him really well. He is a great addition to our backroom staff. He will have respect from the players and I think he will do a wonderful job for the club."