• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Our Songs

evo_trfc

On the subject of chants, what do we actually sing? at home we are quiet compared to most home teams i mean we sing "super white army" "Tranmere,Tranmere, Tranmere, " and "Easy" but unlike most teams we are not vocal like others,

Whats the best Tranmere player chant? and how does it go?

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
Yeah, we don't have many good songs do we? We're such an unimaginative lot :wink:

I alway remember as a kid (back in the early 90's) we used to sing

"You are my Rovers
My only Rovers!
You make me happy,
When skies are grey!
You never notice,
How much I love you!
So please don't take my Rovers away!
Na na na na na...."

That was in the days when the Cowies was for home supporters :cry:

I'll get my thinking cap on. I reckon Greenacre, Facey, Macca and Robbo at least should have their own songs.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Umm here's the first few in no particular order that pop to mind (one line from each only, you'll have to remember the rest of the words for yourselves!)

"You are my Rovers" (already mentioned)

"Run Run, Whoever you may be"

"I can't help falling in love with you"

"Give us an R"

"What do you think of B*lton?"

"One night in gay Paree"

"Birkenhead is wonderful"

"White Army"

"Super White Army"

"Oh Johnny Johnny" (or whichever player, I guess Oh Chrissy Chrissy is the current variation)

"There's only one..." (whichever player) "walking in a Rovers wonderland"

"We ain't scousers" (not... we 'hate' scousers)

"When I was just a little boy" (okay we do)

Personally I'd love to hear the

"Tranmere, Tranmere, Tranmere"
and
"Super White Army"
songs going on for round after round after round and just not stopping, like they used to. Now they only seem to get around once and people just clam up, leaving the ones who do want to keep on singing feeling embarrassed. It's only when you get a few people who'll sing on regardless and not clam up that others pick it up and join in, but without inspiration on the pitch most people aren't prepared to do that.

Oh and one of my personal favourites, not sung as often as I'd like - "FIZZI FIZZI O Physi Physi O Physi Physi O, Physio Les Parry"

Player
Morrisey
What about:

"T-t-t-tranmere, t-t-t-tranmere you're the only team that I adore
When the moon shines over the cow shed we'll be knocking on the premiership door.

Knock, Knock. who's there? Tranmere, Tranmere, Tranmere"

obviously it wont be premiership at the moment!

Ally

Player
Aldo
Is that particularly for people with stutters?

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I'm not a sugababes fan by the way but when I heard their song "ugly" the other day I thought if there was a slight change of words it could be good to sing to opposition fans when called Scousers. Sing the chorus part and then when it gets to "If i'm ugly than so are you, so are you" change the words to... If i'm a Scouser than so are you, so are you".

Walks away with head hung in shame... :oops: :D

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

I reckon we should change some of the fans into different areas of the ground that might get us singing, we are shit singers at home games I tottally agree

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
Atmoshpere hasnt been the same, but ful credit to fans at the Huddy match mback to normal, lets keep it up.

One night in Gay Paree is great, but we mainly sing that away.

I like our Greenacre song "Number 1....."

and our song towards yorkshire people, "your mums your dad..." (no offence to nmayone frfom Yorkshire on here)

evo_trfc

i thought i was going 2 get ripped apart for saying we dont sing enuf but good to see people agree,

we should take other teams songs and change them to rovers versions
i reckon we are the only side who doesnt sing

Hello HEllo we are the Tranmere boys
Hello Hello Your hear us by our noise
And if your a Bolton fan surrendor die
Cos we all follow the rovers

C

championship_here_we_come

ne night in Gay Paris
I paid five francs to see
A big fat Majorie tatooed from head to knee
And underneath her draws a Spanish man awoke
But on her back was a Union Jack so I paid five francs more
To see a little white bum tatooed from the rising sun and underneath her fanny was are Johnson singing mammy
She was a rootin scootin shibadiba dootin knocking on the sh*thouse door
But on her back was a Union Jack so I paid five francs more
But half way up her bum some dirty b*st*rd come (he'd come)
But underneath her fanny was our Johnson singing mammy

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
" a Spanish Man O'War " (that's the boat, nothing about spanish men awakening, which wouldn't rhyme with 'more' either!)

" Al Jolson " (oh just look him up.)

" rootin' tootin' stick it up her hoop " (although at this stage it tends to descend into gibberish among most people that sing it)

Close though. Not a bad effort at putting the song into type.

Then as far as typos go: "One", "Marjorie", "drawers" - but I'll let you off those as you've already said you're tired. Oh and the last line starts with an 'And' not a 'But'.

Hope that helps you sing it better, louder with more confidence, and also helps you to understand what you're singing!

J

Johnny King is God

How about a singing section of the Kop? No seriously. We've already said that people stop coz others dont join in - if we had one group of mentalists who knew they were sitting where they where to do a job - they would get the rest of the ground going through sheer persitence.

Any thoughts?