• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Oldham V Tranmere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Thought as we are getting closer to Saturday i'd just see what everyone is thinking for Saturday's game. I think that at the moment we are on a downward sprial and I can't see us stopping that at the moment. I think we may well miss Jackson too at the weekend. The good news is Zola and Sharps are back and McAteer may be. My prediction is that we will lose 2-1 though. I think Oldham are on a good run at the moment and they will be going for the play offs.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
No faith in us winning, Littel wil go for the point, I'm going maybe a 3-1 win for Oldham.

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
Joe_TRFC said:
I think that at the moment we are on a downward sprial

Oh come on :!: This is madness, a downward spiral of 1 defeat in 12 :?:

OK, I wasn't there last Saturday but I imagine the game was probably something similar to the defeat at home to Scunthorpe earlier in the year that I had the displeasure of witnessing, so I can imagine just how bad it was.

However, our form of late has been solid and I think we will continue to draw and win the odd game, especially if McAteer continues to start and let's not forget that we thumped Oldham at the start of the season so we know we can do it.

I'm going out on a limb and will say 3-1 to the Super Whites. Tremarco, Harrison and Greenacre to score.

Hope I'm right :wink:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I'm going to this one, so I'm hoping to see a good performance. The last two games have been shockingly bad and unless we give our fowards some decent service, we'll be heading for yet another draw..

1-1

This may sound strange but I really do hope McAteer is fit for Saturday :-$

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Ian said:
This may sound strange but I really do hope McAteer is fit for Saturday :-$

Ditto Ian! When he plays we play better and have a smidge of creativity and drive in midfield. The other midfield players are light weight and simply runners imo. So come on Jase, help the lads to 3 points.

As to whether to go or not, well my dad is deffo not after Saturday's shambles, and I'm thinking about it, £22 to watch another dismal display is not what i call value for money :(

DixieDean

Gray said:
Oh come on :!: This is madness, a downward spiral of 1 defeat in 12 :?:

I guess it depends how you look at it. 1 defeat in 12, yes...

...but we've also only managed 1 win in 8.

An unbeaten run means nothing if it's all draws. A team could be unbeaten all season, but if it's all draws they could well be relegated.

We need to win games. Drawing nil nil week in week out shows that a team has no ambition (other that to "not lose"). This has always been Brian Little's philosophy on football and always will be.

I know i'm a broken record on this, but if they changed the rules so that a team gets NO points for a 0-0 draw it would make the game a much more positive and enjoyable spectacle.

Anyhow, back to the topic.

Oldham will attack. That's cos they have a positive manager.
I can't see us getting much. I'll go for 0-2. :cry:

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Yes Gray, Dixie has just explained what I was saying... If we did what we did just after Xmas and scored some goals as well as keeping fairly tight like we did against Yeovil, Port Vale and Rotherham then I wouldn't have a problem but we aren't. We score the odd goal every now and then but apart from that we don't look like scoring. I think the Hartlepool and Barnsley games are the two of the worst games i've ever seen Tranmere involved in. I hope your right Gray... a good away win on Saturday would go some way to allaying my fears of possible relegation but I just can't see it after the last two games. I think McAteer would help more if it was a home game in my opinion. If we'd had him for the last two home games we may have had more points on the board now.

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

Its going to be hard but every game is hard for rovers this year. I really do hope things will change and we will start scoring and winning games but we only make it hard for ourselves

white life

white for life
Player
John Achterberg, Craig Curran and Anthony Kay
i reckon we are goin to see the start of a turn around
i'm hoping we see some nice attacking fluid football with some of the youngsters being blooded
3-2 to tranmere with greenacre getting 2 and facey the other one
p.s i do not think zola should still be playing for us when we could of kept dagnall

A

AndyRoo16

ill go for 1-1,
i cant think of much positive to say....
:roll:

Player
Morrisey
3-1 to oldham. I think that we will go on a run before the end of the season and a very good one that will get us some points, but I dont think that it will start this weekend! Oldham are on the up and I think that they will attack alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.