• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Odds

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Coral are the first bookmaker to issue odds for the coming NL season, and the prices are as follows:

Forest Green
5/1
Eastleigh
6/1
Tranmere
13/2
Wrexham
7/1
York
10/1
Dover
14/1
Dagenham
16/1
Gateshead
16/1
Barrow
20/1
Lincoln
20/1
Macclesfield
20/1
Braintree
25/1
Bromley
33/1
Chester
33/1
Maidstone
33/1
Woking
33/1
Aldershot
40/1
Boreham Wood
40/1
Solihull
40/1
Torquay
40/1
Southport
50/1
Sutton
50/1
North Ferriby
66/1
Guiseley
66/1

I am not surprised that FGR are favourites, and our odds look about right. However, I would have expected Dagenham, Gateshead and Barrow to be higher up the rankings, and based on their transfer activity so far I am not convinced that Wrexham will be one of the main challengers. Similarly, Eastleigh's short-price seems to be based on money only, as they were inconsistent for the whole of last season.

Anyway, it is difficult to make sensible predictions until the squads are put together.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
The list reads much like last season's league table so those odds are fairly predictable and not particularly generous. Even if I were a betting man, I wouldn't be tempted. I agree with RLC that Eastleigh's price is too short and would even argue that many might rate TRFC to be second favourites. I agree that Braintree are unlikely to surprise us again next season, but their ex-manager's arrival at Lincoln City makes me think his new club will challenge strongly for the play-offs. But as RLC says, it's much too early. I won't even rate our chances until I've seen what sort of a squad GB puts together.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
If you were backing a horse you'd be optimistic your 13/2 shot could overcome a 5/1 favourite.
If I'm going to dabble it'll probably be a few quid on "to be promoted" which will likely be 5/2 or so.
Bookies will bite my hands off.... yet again