• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Northampton

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Ahh, well, that kind of summed up our season really. Poor away form, a sending off and another defeat.

We've really had a poor run-in since April. We've lost 4 games and won only once. Very disappointing. ](*,)

What's more disappointing is the final position of 11th. Sounds like a medicore season when in all fairness, we were up in the top 10 for most of it!

Ronnie, if he's still here, needs to improve is some key areas for sure.
Also, the sendings off are getting silly. Dodgy referees or not, you can only use that excuse so many times. Ronnie needs to focus on this because it's cost us valuable points this season.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Disappointing end to the season but the way I look at it... once the season is over if your not in relegation fight or promotion race it doesn't matter if you finish 7-20th.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Very disappointing way to finish the season. I was expecting some kind of changes to the system or the personnel following Ronnie's comments, but yet again the same 4-4-2 and no youngsters thrown in to see what they can do. Instead, Sherriff again proving he aint a left midfielder, Mullin again keeping our good young players out of the squad, and another poor performance.

Ronnie is testing my patience, and I have to be honest that I think it's time for a change at the helm. I know consistency in the man in charge is often good in the long run, but why are we still having the same problems that Ronnie identified at the end of last season? Nothing has changed, nothing has improved. From a good position for most of the season in the top 6, we've finished ELEVENTH! I'm sorry, it's not good enough. ](*,)

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Have to agree with what SCoops says above.

At the end of last season, there was a glimmer of hope with the emergence of Curran and the fact that RM had come in late. This time, there isn't that shred of comfort and Ronnie's love-in with Sherrif is beyond a joke. Not convinced that Goodison + Kay/Chorley is any improvement on the Goodison-McCready partenrship of last season. Is the fact that Jennings didn't start an indication he's got other plans for 2008-9?

I note the dreaded Gavin Ward of the ref rather than keeper variety came back to haunt us again. While I don't in any way condone the action of a fan trying to get at him, if he was anywhere near as bad as the Donny game, the sentiment is understandable.