• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

New Players and Trialists

TRFCJason

Player
John Aldridge
Hi There,
Just wondering if any of you guys watched the 2 games and wondered if you rated the new players or any of the trialists.

jim

Charlie Barnett

I've been the Heswall and Marine friendlies and reckon young Charlie Barnett looks handy. Looks like he was an FA Youth cup winner with Liverpool but don't know much more about him. Plays in midfield and looks to have bags of energy, a good touch and plenty of movement. I think he'd be worth snapping up.
In terms of new signings, the one that has stood out in the 2 friendlies I've watched is Edds (listed on the official site as a defender?). Hopefully the goalscoring midfielder we've been lacking.
The rest look ok but haven't set the pitch alight in my opinion.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
John Curtis, Steve Jennings

Has John Curtis left? He hasn't featured recently, so I assume he has. I notice that the new squad numbers have been announced today and number 2 is still vacant. Presumably Ronnie is still searching for Stockdale's replacement.

Steve Jennings is on the list. Does that mean he has signed a new contract?

Wouldn't it be nice to have a club website that actually kept you up to date?

The Rovers!

Player
Pat Nevin/Kenny Irons
I hear John Curtis had a face on because he hadnt already been offered a contract and didnt want to be kept waiting, so left!

No news about Jennings yet however, I would imagine he's going to sign if they've gave him a squad number.

I heard we're looking at a young guy from Sheffield United to play at right back but time will tell I guess.

I read last nights match report on Southport's website before our own had even said the score........ thanks Tranmere for keeping us in the loop!!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Curtis' list of clubs hints at an attitude, which would seem to back up the above. Kay can play right-back, maybe Chorley. I'd rather give Danny Holmes a run out as a youngster there if we're not bringing someone more experienced in.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I'm hopeful Jennings will sign a 2-year deal shortly. Shame about Curtis, he sounded OK from what I've been told. Personal demands maybe?! We've got a few players that can fill in at right back.

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
I've been the Heswall and Marine friendlies and reckon young Charlie Barnett looks handy. Looks like he was an FA Youth cup winner with Liverpool but don't know much more about him. Plays in midfield and looks to have bags of energy, a good touch and plenty of movement. I think he'd be worth snapping up.

Anyone see him play the full 90 against Southport? Ronnie had some very good things to say about his game. Sounds really promising. Hope they sign him.

Player
Liam Palmer
As far as I am aware we Jenno still has one year left on his contract - something to do with him being under 23 or something. Dunno the ins and outs of professional contract, 'fraid.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Thought I read Jennings was on a week to week contract at present. Due to his age and the fact he's not been released by Rovers, anyone signing him would have to pay a fee. I'd like him to stay, but this saga is dragging on. From what's been said on here Charlie Barnett sounds a similar type of player. Maybe offering him a deal depends on whether Jennings stays or goes.