• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

New Official Site Layout

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
Well I'm impressed with the new site layout!

As long as they keep it up to date we'll be ok!!

Looks good though and less generic to the old Premium TV sites!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yeah, just banged it on now and thought I had been taken to another site! Well, it certainly looks brighter. First impressions, nice even though the adverts still dominate for the most part.

Thank god!
Registration removed: One of the major new changes has been the removal of the requirement to register before viewing articles. The World subscriber-only section is now the only area of the site which requires a username and password.

Player
Goodison
much better than the old design - as long as it is kept up to date

Although Huddersfield seem to have a similar design

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
They all will eventually mate. this will be the new premium TV layout. The Scunny site is the same.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Much better... will take some getting used to as everything does but definitely better.

Player
Liam Palmer
I agree, I like the new layout, however, in the players profiles it lists Robbie Stockdale as....... English! Now, I know he was born in Redcar, and 'only' got five caps for Scotland, and I know that it was during the dark days of Bertie Vogts, but come on, fair's fair and facts are facts ;-). He is an international footballer and that deserves to be mentioned on the club's website!

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Yeah well the new layout of the official site is better than the old one, but it really could not have been worse!! The big annoyance for me is that they're trying to claim it's all personalised to our club and specially designed with feedback from us, while in fact ALL the league clubs official sites have been revamped and look the same as ours now does. In fact I spotted a clear copy-paste job, a 'insert your club's name here' kind of thing on one of the articles. I'll try and find a screengrab to show what I mean.. so overall it's better, but still shonky, badly run and not a patch on an unofficial site run by fans for fans.. :-D

Player
Goodison
they are all the same because somebody pays the clubs to the run the websites, so in return they can make money from adverts etc. The unofficial ones are better though - if not always up to date!