• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

New Kit

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
The new kit has just been launched, what's everyone's thoughts

Intrigued that Clint Hill is modelling it!

IMG_2309.jpeg

I’m the last person who should comment on clothing (!) but, first impressions, reminds me a bit of an England kit, and the colours of the club badge jar a bit with the rest of it. But I’m sure it’ll look fine on the pitch.

frenchrover

Player
aldo
Not sure its the club badge that "jars a bit", I think its the Mills logo that does that but overall a fine looking piece of kit. Just hope the quality of the material matches the expectation.

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
It's a pity for the ol codgers amongst us that the shirt sponsor isn't Wirral!
Shame it hasn't got TRFC, in old English instead of the colourful crest.
Back to a collar, which doesn't seem right on a footie shirt.

other than that, it's not bad.;):thumbsup:

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I like proper collars on football shirts with a button like the old Rovers Sports ones. Think the design for the season before last with the green and blue streaks was better, this is rather dingy.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think it is smart enough. However, I am not keen on the use of royal blue which has not historically been part of our white kits, particularly as this outfit is apparently a nod to the 1962-63 season.

Player
Manager
I think it is smart enough. However, I am not keen on the use of royal blue which has not historically been part of our white kits, particularly as this outfit is apparently a nod to the 1962-63 season.
Wether it is the photo of is it that the blue is a dark blue. The Mills logo is of a lighter shade, as with the majority of recent years, when we had had blue in the kit. It matched the old logo.

Player
Manager
My lad asked me what I thought when he saw Les on YouTube.
And then he said, why is the club comemorating 140 years?
He argued that, 100, 125, and 150 are the milestones that should be celebrated. What is so important about 140?
Why not 139, 141 years?
Or could it be an underlying statement, let us celebrate the new season cos we are still here?
Helmet on!

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
My lad asked me what I thought when he saw Les on YouTube.
And then he said, why is the club comemorating 140 years?
He argued that, 100, 125, and 150 are the milestones that should be celebrated. What is so important about 140?
Why not 139, 141 years?
Or could it be an underlying statement, let us celebrate the new season cos we are still here?
Helmet on!
I don't think there is any real significance in 140 years, just looks like something the club decided to do.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ian