• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

New Head of Recruitment

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Wrexham are going to dislike us even more now. Having taken Connor Jennings we now have ex rover Lee Jones joining us as head of recruitment and academy manager.

I'll always remember that goal he scored against Bolton to deny them the 100 points!

Lee has been at Wrexham for 10 years so presumably was well thought of at the racecourse. Another coup then for the rovers.

It'll be interesting how in his recruitment role, how that sits with GB in terms of deciding who to sign.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I agree that it won't make relations between the two clubs any better, but I'm sure MP does everything above board.

It would be interesting to see how GB and LJ's roles fit together. Is the new man also effectively what used to be called the chief scout? Actually, I think the old fashioned manager's role is too broad for one person nowadays. I think it makes sense to have someone else in charge of player development and recruitment. Clearly this whole business has been thought through at length by the owners and is yet another sign of commitment.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Sounds like a good move and yet more focus on youth development. MP is building great foundations.