• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

New Goalkeeper

lonerover

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Anyone got any thoughts on who a possible new goalkeeper could be for next season??

Have just read Danny Coyne could be looking for a move.

Player
Goodison
anyone aslong as they can catch the ball!!!!!!!! unlike Ward

Player
Goodison
that Dino Seremet we had from Luton last season wouldnt be a bad choice

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Dino. Hmm, can't remember how he played. Just remember the name. My mind must be going along with my age!

With Achterberg and Ward out of contracts, it's highly unlikely we'll see them at PP next season, so we definately need a keeper for next season. Eric Nixon still keeps himself in shape doesn't he?!?

Player
Morrisey
:lol: :lol:

Coyne is a little optimistic in my opinion. dino did very well in my opinion. I think he is either a free agent or has gone abroad to play. I would welcome him back. Does anyone get the impression that we will sign Hinchliffe for next season? I cant see why else we would have signed him for two games with McSweeney in the youths.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Hopefully Hinchliffe will be given the chance to show what he can do in the last 2 games. Nothing really to lose by taking a look at the kid.

As for Dino he was good for us. But I reckon we could do something better. Maybe not the return of Danny, although that would be awesome, but Michael Oakes is on a free transfer from Wolves...? Just a thought.:roll:

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Michael Oakes would be a decent signing and i'm hoping maybe we can agree a season long loan for Joe Hart from Man City... although he's at Blackpool at the moment and if they go up I assume they may keep him.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
Danny Coyne is said to be making a comeback if not re-sign Dino Seremet. Other suggestions is Ross Turnbull, forever on loan to teams, should make a permanent move.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Ohh god, I can't believe at one stage of the season, I actually stuck up for Ward saying he'd had a good season. Might have been something to do with sponsoring him (lol) but look how that turned out!

We desperately need a new keeper for next season, and I believe Achto and Ward will be gone.

Coyne would be a safe choice. I feel we need something more though, or am I asking for too much. Since Achto's injury problems, keepers have been a bit of a nightmare to be honest. Howe many have we had in now?

I'm not sure it's going to be easy though. What decent keepers are out there looking for a club? Seremet would be a decent choice from what I remember of him.

The Rovers!

Player
Pat Nevin/Kenny Irons
He's playing in the Greek Premier League so I doubt it he'd come back!!

Coyne would be a good choice and I quite like that keeper from Plymouth, played against us Gillingham Away (On loan)???

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Danny Coyne would be a good signing. Has been getting games for Wales though and that may not happen if he comes to us.

Player
Morrisey
Small offer, lots of bonuses is the way forward for me Ian.

To be honest I think we need to get someone who is young enough to stick around for a bit whilst we build a team and also has the potential to play in the Championship even better, proven in the Championship. He isn't too young has a while left as a keeper but I dont know about his pedigree. He only made a few apps for Wolves. has anyone seen him play?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yes, anyway, the Coyne angle looks promising. According to the Daily Post, it's a possibility..

Player
Goodison
i would get coyne, but would prefer to get someone a bit younger aswell eg Dino Seremet

Player
Morrisey
I wouldn't have a problem with three keepers in the squad like Achto, Coyne and Hinchliffe. It depends on what Ronnie's resources are though and whether he is anticipating dipping into the loan market.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
The third keeper would presumably be the kid McSweeney so I only expect us to sign the 1 keeper to go alongside Achto (presuming he'll be fit enough to keep the bench warm).