• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

New England Manager

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
After the events of the last few days, it obviously seems Sven will be departing after the World Cup so I have a couple of questions:

1) What happens if England actually win the World Cup? Will Sven be given grace and allowed stay?

2) If and when he does go, who should be his replacement? Should it be another foreign manager or should England go back to an English coach?

I'd love to know what you all think. As an Irishman I would obviously have a different opinion. But it's a very tough job for anyone to take on and as always I think the English FA have the next 2 or 3 managers lines up before any press speculation. I'd love to see someone like Stuart Pearce get an opportunity. :?: :?:

B

Banana Army

1) No, they've already decided on a compensation regardless of what he does (which scares me)
2) Depands who the foreigner is. But i tip Steve Coppel and a very very long shot of Sammy lee

A

AndyRoo16

Absolutely agree on Stuart Peace getting a chance after Sven....
i dnt think we should have a foreign manager, no country should, its the ENGLAND team ,manager included.....
The only foreign manager i would really put in the England job is Martin O`Neil....
Wouldnt mind seeing Paul Jewell as England manager too.... :D

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
What about David Platt? Is he still involved in the England Youth Setup? :D

Player
Morrisey
I heard today on Sky Sports News that the only way that Sven can stay on after the world cup is if he re-applies and the F.A will allow him to do so.

Stuart Pearce is someone that I had thought of but after a while I realised that he is not experienced enough!! Have you seen who is 7th favourite? It is only Phil Scolari! :lol:

I wouldn'y say no to foreign manager with some one like pearce as assistant.

M

Matthew The Rover

1) I wouldn't keep him if we won

2) I wouldn't mind seeing Hoddle back

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

Hoddle no way!!

1) No way, hes a tit and hes blew it know hes always being a gimp in the press all the time

2) I would give the job to Alan Curbishley or Stuart Pearce. I feel any of these two will do a good job for us but I cant wait to see a new manager in the Sven era ends once England win the world cup or get knocked out that is

B

Banana Army

Matthew The Rover said:
2) I wouldn't mind seeing Hoddle back

OMG!! you joking right. He is possibly, no definately the worst manager ever given the England Job. And if people arent happy with us not qualifying "in style" then they certainly wont want us drawing our way to Euro 2008.

Hoddle is the only thing that makes me feel lucky to have Brian as a Manager. I really pity Wolves fans

M

Matthew The Rover

Yes, it was a joke :lol: and I'm not really bothered about international football to be honest, but I would be intrested if Ryan Taylor got in the squad.

B

Banana Army

Matthew The Rover said:
Yes, it was a joke :lol: and I'm not really bothered about international football to be honest, but I would be intrested if Ryan Taylor got in the squad.

=P~ Pheww.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
1) probabaly not, i tihnk its a good motiviation to finsih your management being champions of the world

2) stuart pearce or alan curbishly.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Out of the names being banded about, I'd probably plump for Curbishley. The whole idea that Fat Scam is even being linked with it is pretty disgusting, but football is football and the things you never want to see happen do tend to just out of spite.

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

Matthew The Rover said:

Bloody hell I love England! I thought everyone was like me I love England just as much as Tranmere.Once im earing a bit more money when I leave college that is ill be attending all the england games if I can get tickets that is and ill take a big tranmere flag with me to every england game i will go to.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I think its probably best that Sven goes even if we win the World Cup (which is whats happening anyway). I'd personally like to see if a duo partnership of Alan Curbisley and Stuart Pearce or Paul Jewell and Stuart Pearce. I wouldn't have Stuart pearce on his own as I don't think that would work as well.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
I'm hoping for Psycho myself, but the FA will appoint Steve McClaren the day after we finish in the World Cup. You heard it here first. :wink: :lol:

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
Steve McClaren wouldn't be a bad choice.... would he??

A

AndyRoo16

there are a few decent ideas for new managers for England..
I want a manager with passion and the drive to send England forward.
I think Sven would be a great league manager as he has consistancy and wins most games, however, i feel he lacks the motivational qualities and desire to win tornaments.
A combination involving Stuart Peace would be great as he has the passion needed, to partner him someone with more experience....
I would go with Jewell or Curbishly...
if not an Englishman then i would have.....Martin O`Neil....
I do feel that an English manager is essential though....