• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Motormen 1 Rovers 1

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
A good workout tonight against a decent, well organised Vauxhall's side.

Again, I was impressed with the youngsters: Kirby was excellent; Vaulks did a good job at left back, giving us some food for thought in that position; Stockton had a much better game than on Tuesday and looked really sharp in the box, scoring our goal with a great turn and shot after good work by Akpro.

Of the trialists, I think I would sign Jeffers. His movement and awareness impressed me again tonight, beating the offside trap on several occasions and nearly winning it for us with a header at the end. Of the rest, Bell-Baggie may be worth considering: he looked decent tonight after an atrocious performance at Heswall.

Paul Black looked solid at left back, but our failure to really get a grip of the game until the final thirty minutes was I thought down to a fairly anonymous midfield, with neither Power or Harrison really performing tonight.

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
Godd report RLC- thanks.
Iteresting we have Kamara for trial and shows that Ronnie reckons we do need back up for the main three centre backs - I am in total accord with this. It is a good a non-league player, who incidentally was know to our scouting staff, backs himself to ask for a trail - hope he makes it.=D>

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
While I have no problem with trialists in central-defence, it irks me that Ronnie hasn't taken a look at our own young central defender, Will Vaulks, playing there in one of these friendlies.