• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Minutes silence on sat for John breckin's wife

• Thread starter championship_here_we_come
  • Start date
C

championship_here_we_come

during the preseason Breckin's has beem absent from most of the friendlies and training,

the reason behind this is that his wife has been ill and unfortunately she died this morning.

i think we should have a minutes silence on sat to give a chance for both sets of fans to pay thier respects as off course he was assistant at oldham aswell

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

I agree, its a sign of respect to Breckin and his family. It must be a sad time for him. Someone told me that the feller who has been doing the warm ups with Rovers during pre season is John Breckin but I knew he wasnt but who is that fella because i've never seen him before like.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Yeah, totally, show that the fans, of both teams, can put their differences aside for a minute and show their support to John and his family.

All of us on White Review send our deepest condolences to John and his family.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Very, very sad news... my sympathy goes to John and his family. Although I would say that if there isn't a minutes silence on Saturday that it may be down to John not wanting there to be one.

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
Really sorry to hear that. Very sad. Deepest sympathy to John & his family. Always puts things into perspective.

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

disappointed that there wasnt a minutes silence but it was nice to see John Brekin at the game and he seemed happy so good on him and I wish him all the best

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
She had been dying for quite a while, since before John joined Tranmere and despite this personal tradgedy he's been professional and turned up and done his job since joining us. For that alone I have tremendous respect for the man, and apparently there was no minutes silence at John Breckin's request, he didn't feel it appropriate due to how recently he's joined the club and the fact that his wife's illness was a long one. Makes extra sense as it would have been a fair bet that the Oldham idiots would not have respected the minute's silence anyway.