• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Mike Bassett: Manager

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
Anybody heard about this / going to watch it tonight (Thursday 10pm) :?:

Spin-off of the film 'Mike Bassett, England Manager'. Apparently Mike Bassett takes over lowly football league club 'Wirral County' :!: :!: :!: Even better, the team is sponsored by 'Wirral Rubbish' :!: :!: :!:

All sounds a bit close to home if you ask me :?

It'll be interesting to watch if any of it's been filmed on the Wirral or, indeed, around the club.

Tell you one thing though, I'd like us to have a manager with Mike Bassetts passion :cry:

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
I was just about to start talking bout this but you beat me to it :lol:

looking forward to watching it, should be a laugh.

ricky tomlinson is a legend.

B

Banana Army

lol. In the mail today, it said tranmere fans look away now. The team is sponsored by Wirral Rubbish (we're all rubbish)

:lol:

C

ChiefRich

Traditional cheap humour set in Ellesmere Port and filmed at Griffin Park (Brentford), presumably for terraces or not to annoy us too much.

In Wirral County's history, they lost an FA Cup final to Bolton, the chairman is Mr Johnson and of course the big rivalry is with Chester.

Not really too much to write home about but everyone likes a bit of cheap humour.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yeah, decided to watch it. It's better than the usual drivel they stick on TV. Well, at least it was about football anyways..

Some funny lines, nothing wonderful, but I'll watch the series.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Yeah I watched it... shame it was filmed at Brentford... takes some of the interest out of it.

B

Banana Army

they would have needed the red and white striped though, but yeh shame not PP

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
you could tell it was brentford :)

found it very funny looking forward to watching the rest.

funy when sir denzil died.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
bolton_hater said:
funy when sir denzil died.

hehe, yeah. they went down after 5 seconds and poor denzil popped it. :lol:
he's going to be fighting with the mascot next week.

M

mikeo32

I thought it was quite funny, lived up to the film!!!

I thought the best line in the programme was " Wirral County want to be up there with the big teams, like Liverpool...Manchester United... And Wrexham"

Good to see them taking the piss out of Wrexham.

No mention of Tranmere in the programme? Wirrals rivals are Chester City, would have thought it would have been us lot.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
yr I though so to but chester are intheir league so I think thats why they chose them.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
did anyone see tonights episode? thought it was funnier than the first one. haha, bought a player with all his savings, turned out to be a keeper not a striker! :lol:

S

Seanyb

Yeah better then the first. Did anyone else notice the fact that his wife was in a random shopping centre and not Cheshire Oaks as mentioned in the programm! lol

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Yeah was good... looking forward to the next one. Although us and Wirral County are looking more and more the same as we lose match after match!

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Seanyb said:
Yeah better then the first. Did anyone else notice the fact that his wife was in a random shopping centre and not Cheshire Oaks as mentioned in the programm! lol

Well it was all filmed in London - dn't see why they couldnt film it in E.Port but... so the shopping centre was some place in cockerney land :?