• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Manager Appointment

frenchrover

Player
aldo
Official site confirms Gary Brabin is appointed as our new Manager. Let's hope he uses the close season to build a successful team to push for a return to the Football League.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Yes good news indeed. Brabin ticks a lot of boxes and turned down other jobs as he was happy at Everton. Credit to MP for prising him away.

Let's move forward now and let the rebuilding begin. Maybe start by snapping Goodi up!!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Best choice in my view. Very experienced and local. Got Luton and Cambridge to Conference play-offs, so some unfinished business! Everton youth coach appointment is interesting but good news for our own youngsters' development and means we should have better links with the Blues and first-hand knowledge of possible loanees. Very happy.

M

Mal

Main criterium was he had to be called Gary.....

Hopefully, he can use link with Everton for season long loans.

Player
Liam Palmer
Escaped from the boot of my wife's car to discover we've got a new manager. Delighted all round. Glad it's been sorted so quickly. Hard work ahead but feeling positive again.

Both my English and Scottish teams now managed by a Gary! #Champions!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Don't know. He hasn't taken any side up from the play-offs, doesn't get particularly positive reviews from his old clubs save Southport. Particular slating by a Luton fan regarding apparent inability to organise a defence is a concern.
On the positive, he's got all summer and a top four budget to get it right.
We'll see.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I am pleased with this appointment as I think Brabin is as good as any of the candidates that were available to us. I don't know of many managers who get rave reviews from their former clubs, however successful they are.

If he gets us into the play offs next season he will have done well.

Player
Jonny Morrisey
I'm feeling quite positive about this appointment to be honest, although I can remember feeling slightly optimistic about Rob Edwards!

Things can't get any worse surely! He does have a decent track record at this level and is supposed to have good connections in the area. Hopefully he can offload a lot of the dead wood that is here, rebuild the team, get off to a good start and get rid of this losing mentality that we seem to have had for the past 2 seasons!

He certainly looks as though he won't take any crap!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Thought I'd bump this as a reminder of how our views were at the time of Gary Brabin's appointment.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Cheers. Would have preferred to be wrong though.