• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Managed to find Prenton Park on Google Earth!

• Thread starter Matthew The Rover
  • Start date
B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

No that Main Stand looks really old and the JK stand is too small and that photo shows it. I love that place though its my favourite place apart from my bed that is

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Birkenhead Born and Bred said:
and the JK stand is too small and
Not been to Chester's Deva Stadium then no? Now those are small stands.

Any chance of a less severly cropped version of this picture? Showing a little bit more of the surrounding area, like the pubs and the carpark?

I'm guessing you got this from the downloadable google program (which I don't have), since the website one (maps.google.co.uk) informs me that they don't have data for the zoom level you're at there.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
oo every stand at the deva is roughly lk stand height isnt it or maybe smaler

M

Matthew The Rover

When I say it's amazing, I mean how clever it is you can see the thing!

A

AndyRoo16

hmmmm.......interesting....
the main stand needs a lick of paint eh?
middle of the pitch looks a bit rough to.....
any idea when it was taken?

ill pop down later with a tin of dulux and me flymo....
Changing Rooms goes large!!!

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
I made a similar post a while back asking ppl to spot PP on a much wider picture of the Wirral area. They have updated the data since then and now have the entire Wirral in extremely high resolution. It's fascinating isn't it? Take a look at West Kirby marine lake and the golf courses around Hoylake, Heswall, Caldy, Leasowe and Wallasey. I quite often use Google Earth to take a trip around the Wirral when I feel homesick :cry:

You can tilt the image too to get a nice effect.

If anyones interested, you can get a nice high-res image of The Reebok too <spit> :wink:

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
Birkenhead Born and Bred said:
the JK stand is too small and that photo shows it. I love that place though its my favourite place apart from my bed that is

You wouldn't be saying that if you lived in one of the houses on Borough Road :!:

I was amazed on my first trip to Goodison that there are peoples front doors literally just a few feet from the Main Stand. Can't be a fun place to live (Liverpool that is :wink: ).

I love PP too. Many happy (and not so happy) memories.

COME ON ROVERS :!: :!: :!: