• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Little: We threw it away

Griff

What Match was he watching ???

As far as I'm concerned they coasted for most of the game and if we had started to get at them more, they could have picked up the pace. I'm not saying that they were great, but in parts they passed it very well and looked comfortable at times.

Little says that the team looked jaded and were waiting for something to happen. Yes, they're waiting for you to take some control !!! Everyone know that when the player go on the pitch they have to take the responsiblity, but they do not looked prepared. They look like they have no idea of formation or stratagy. Thats bad management and/or coaching.

And last of all, Dont fire back at the fans for negative chants. We pay good money to support our team. We have been here b4 Little and will be here when hes gone.

The cheers aimed at Dino for is one straight kick of the night were only in jest, but if he cant take the heat of 3rd tier football then he needs to put his boots on the right feet. I'm sure he excepts that his kicking was bad and didnt need Little to defend him to the fans. Little needs to realise that the grief is directed more at him then the players.

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

Yeah fair comments Griff. I totally agree mate, I feel exactly in the same way.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Griff said:
They look like they have no idea of formation or stratagy. Thats bad management and/or coaching.

Absolutely mate. That's it exactly. They looked so clueless on Saturday it was embarrasing. It seemed as though they had no idea when it came to set pieces, corners, passing, general stuff really..

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
From what i've heard they have had no idea on set pieces ever since Little came to PP. The only thing that helped with set pieces last season was that we had Ryan Taylor to take them. We just kept getting to the edge of the box and giving it away with bad balls. We had no idea of how to open them up. Facey had the clearest chance and blazed over in the 1st half. Little doesn't know what he is talking about!

Player
Morrisey
Little:
All the lads are trying their guts out

IF this is so then surely we have to question his ability to get the best out of players or we have to question his perception of the effort shown from the players. I will be very shocked and worried if this is the best that the team can produce so if they are trying their hardest then we must point at the manager and look to him for answers.

Griff

Recent Little statements have put the blame on the defence.

Although the goal may have been from lax marking, the problems are in midfield Brian !

At no point has he admitted that we have no invention, no control from midfield.

The problem is not that we concede the odd goal its that we dont have any midfield.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
WE never thought the match away, HE threw the season away!

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

Is time for a change of manager? I dont know because we blow hot and cold mainly cold!! When we are good we are good when we are bad we are bad so it's his team and his players? But what I think who can come in and do a job?

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Little DOESN'T have a clue

"Tranmere manager Brian Little insists he understands fans' frustrations at Rovers' season.

"I can understand the frustration of the fans but I asked them to stick by the players."

YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND. We aren't frustrated at the players, just with your hopeless, clueless, negative tactical lack-of-sense and team selection. I hope that is clear enough.

Those comments from Brian really make me sick. And to look at the comments coming from the Oldham manager, a proper manager, just makes me want to cry about our excuse for a manager.

Ronnie's interview is full of positivity, bear in mind they've had an up and down kind of season and are mid-table:

" we are starting to find that quality ourselves "

" now we've come into some decent form "

" we've got to keep living the dream "

Why can't we have a manager urging us to live the dream??

" Tranmere ended up changing their system and dropping Chris Greenacre behind the front two, so I asked Mark Hughes to do a job on him, basically make the game 10 against 10, and that's something else the lads coped well with "

" Having three in midfield has given Richie (Wellens) more freedom to enjoy his football, which is what we want from someone who is capable of playing at a higher level "

Why can't we have a manager who has that level of tactical awareness, and is also able to explain it in a way that anyone and everyone can understand? Why can't we have a manager who understands the value of allowing players to flourish in their best position, to express themselves?

I wish the 'let's give him a chance' brigade would take off their rose-tinted glasses. Brian is a rubbish manager. That's all.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Nicely put mate, and very true.

I've been thinking over the past few weeks what a cheek Brian actually has. Some of his comments have been unbelievable and still not sure how he gets away with it.

Firstly he criticised the supporters for not getting behind the team. Then a week later, he says there's no chance we can make the play-offs, mid-table would be a decent finish or something along those lines.

Now, while we as the fans may be thinking that, you don't expect the manager to say it until its mathematically impossible. That's like me going to my boss and saying sorry boss, I won't be achieveing my targets this year. I wouldn't last very long..

In this worrying time for Rovers, the last thing we need is Little coming out with this load of tripe. And we wonder why the players aren't performing. The board must see sense soon.. #-o

DixieDean

I may get jumped on for saying this, but if Little is manager next season, I will not be renewing my season ticket. Simple as that. It has been a total waste of money this year. How many decent games have there been at home? Swansea, Oldham (second half), Yeovil (second half), Huddersfield (second half) erm, I can't think of any others.

So far, that's not even 3 full games. Worth a few hundred quid? No, i don't think so.

No doubt the "you should support them regardless" brigade will have a go, but to be honest I go there to be entertained. To come away having watched Tranmere play with passion and to be able to say "i enjoyed that" or "the lads gave it a go" regardless of whether they had won, lost or drawn.

Please don't go thinking that I'm taking this stand because we haven't won enough at home, it's simply that 90% of the time, the lads seem so passionless (and clueless) on the pitch and it's all down to 1 man, Mr Little.

Remember the season that we "struggled" under Ray? We played so well in so many games under him, before he got the sack. I'd have gone every week to watch Ray's forward thinking style. The fact that we were struggling down the table didn't matter to me one bit, I had total faith that our obvious quality would shine through. We outplayed a good Forest side in the cup, only to lose on penalties and in Ray's final game (i think) we outplayed Wrexscum only to concede 2 superb goals.

How many teams have we outplayed this season? hmm. In fact, we haven't even managed to outplay League 2 sides this season!!! And to me, that's just not good enough.

Sorry Brian, but if you are still there next season, I'm afraid I won't be! It kills me to say it, but it's true.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
I believe that with Little still in charge we will get relegated. So I understand that we will lose fans next season. I will stilll be renewing my season ticket as always but I don't blame the ones who don't.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I could never see myself not going to PP. It's in the blood and all that.. But I do understand what you're saying. It's worrying that others who will of course think the same way, will also do the same. If Little is here next season, we'll definately see the lowest attendances we've had for over 10 years. Not good.

But it's fair game. People go to be entertained and the rubbish Brian is serving up certainly isn't entertaining.

It's annoying really when you think about it. If the team played with positivity and really gave it a go, that's all we ask. And I'm sure if that was the case, we'd be a lot higher than 14th in the league.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
I think if we go down or with little in charge we'll be back to 5,000 gates we got years ago when I was little tike!

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
If I lived nearer I would definitely get a season ticket... but thats just the way I am. I love going even if they do annoy me when playing rubbish. I can understand why some people will decide not to go or not renew season tickets.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
" Brian insisted last night: "There is nothing negative in what we are doing." "

Umm WHAT? Hello!!? Have you been asleep during all of our matches this season? Not really any surprise there as it's been so negative it's bloody awful and hard to watch.

" We could argue we have shaded each game. "

Umm we LOST. Again. How can you argue we shading anything? It's losing.

How does he get away with it?

" I have to keep believing in what I'm doing and I don't see that being a problem. "

ARGH! TURNING THE KNIFE IN THE WOUND.

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

What pissed me off about the weekend Little left out Carl Tremacro, hes been quality on the left with Gaz Roberts but he was sitting in the stand with us along with Ste Davies what a joke. I would always get a season ticket who ever the manager is!