• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Let's See Where We Are.......

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
Well guys the next match is indeed "match 10" and it couldn't be more fitting that it's a home game against Forest!

Ronnie managed to drop into all his early press conferences and post match comments that the team could be only judged properly after 10 games. There was no point in analysing too deeply before this point. But now is the time and to be honest I'm happier than I thought I'd be.

I had confidence that we'd do well this season, at the very least better than last year's performances and we'd be up there fighting for a play off position.

In 9 games we've lost only 2, with a 100% home record, and too quite convincing away wins. I don't think we've seen the "Hiding" that Ronnie has spoken about yet, although we were close today. Maybe the hiding will come next Saturday and we move 2 points ahead at the top of the table. Personally I'd be happy if we come away from the game with a point!

So now, who's impressing you and who's not?

I'm fairly happy with Ronnie's tactics so far, we seem to be playing proper football this season, which makes a pleasant change.

But I'd really love to know what all you guys think?

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Ronnie is impressing me. He knows the right things to say and most of all to do in the situations that have arisen so far, the signings he's made have been quality, and the team spirit and belief he's brought are fantastic. Most of all he's given us, the supporters, quite a bit of belief again and after such an atrocious season last time around he's done brilliantly to not only turn the corner but also send us hurtling up the league.

Player
Morrisey
Elated about this season. I cannot fault RM. The fact that he is a fan means that he tinks what all of us think and we wont get frustrated because he is coming out with pointless defeatist post and pre-match comments. So after 10 games we are second. I dont think there is much falting the team and staff there. The biggest test however will be to see how our squad manages with injuries and fatigue. I think there is more to come and so does RM, admitting that they are not quite playing how he wants them to.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
We've done a lot better than I expected. Thought it was a risky strategy by Ronnie to build the team afresh rather than retain a nucleus from last season to build around, but it seems to have come good. Goodison has been a revalation, though personally would have liked to keep Ian Sharps. Impressed with Mullin too, a real 100%er. The big test is how do we cope as the injuries begin to mount.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
And how they are beginning to mount! Personally and hopefully i'm right in that I think Ronnie is just saying Greenacre and Sherriff are sore and will be last minute decisions to justify leaving them on the bench on Saturday. He said after the match on Saturday that they will both be fit for Forest but today he is saying they will be last minute decisions. He said they may not get there place back but if he claims they are 100% fit people can not moan at him leaving them out from the start. It is feasible that they have both just had set backs though I suppose.

As for the midfield please don't let Mullin or Jennings get injured on Saturday as McLaren, McAteer and Harrison are all still out! This leaves us with no recognised back up for Centre Midfield.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Of course I echo the sentiments hoping none of our players gets injured, especially Mullin or Jennings, but every player has to make the transition from 'unrecognised' to first teamer at some point and while Paul Henry does lack first team experience, if you're good enough you're old enough. He's good already and will only get better.

Once they pull on that shirt there should be no excuses. If they arent good enough they shouldn't get picked.

Get em on and lets stick it to every sh*te team in this division

Pedro Negro

Player
Chris Greenacre
This has to be Rovers biggest game this season (to this point). However Forest won't give us a easy ride. Gareth Taylor has to get his act together and finnally realize why he has been picked upfront.
=D> =D> =D>

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I think Gareth Taylor has got his act together and seen why he has been picked up front... I don't know why some of our fans fail to see what he brings to us?

jim

So far so good!!

I'd like to start with Zola and Greenacre personally. Ellison's been a big waste of space on the wing, his touch is embarrasing but I'm hoping he'll get better. Mullin is immense and I'm a big fan of Stockdale and the Sherrif. Shuker of course is running on octane gas and never fails to impress. And Goodison is, and always has been in my opinion, class. I'm just glad others are seeing it now he's finally playing in his correct position!
Ronnies a good chap but doesn't he say the same things before and after each game? How we're going to inflict a heavy defeat soon, how we need more fans, how we need to make Prenton Park a fortress? Not having a go, just something I've noticed. :lol:

My only worry this season is the size of our squad, how are we going to cope with injury? Who would we bring in? And I can see Shuker as the type to get injured. Why? Because he can take it past people. What do other players do when that happens? Mow them down! That worries me! Let's hope I'm very very wrong on this one. :roll:

Finally, my thanks go to Ronnie for getting rid of Ian Sharps =D> not before time!

lonerover

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Can only echo many of the thoughts here, have been really really impressed with our performances so far. Have only been able to make the game against Hull so far and was pretty impressed with what I saw from all the new players.

Mullin looks just like what we missed last year, someone to really boss the midfield and he's scoring goals. Goodison is just different player in his right position although I always thought he was good.

Ward is an excellent STAND IN for Johnny Achterberg :lol:

Shuker has to be one of the best players in this division, reckon once he scores he'll get even better!!

I think this Saturday's game will show us if we have the balls for a real promotion push!! A good win will see us go top and start to build a gap on the rest of the division, which surely starts to send a message to everyone. Hope to see 10,000 plus there this weekend.

Finally Ronnie Moore has done everything right, was very impressed with his signings pre season and have been equally impressed with everything since then. After the defeats he's come out and told it like it is and after the victories he's given praise where praise is due.

Has to be the best team I've seen in Super White for a good few years and hope we can keep it going!!

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
I'm delightd with the start we've made, simply because of our attitude. The way we go out and give it our all every game, despite the 2 defeats, we look like a great side who are gelling well and get on well together. Last season, was just a miserable atmosphere and no-one deserved to wear the shirt, this season has been great and no matter what team Ronnie picks we have the confidence and quality to get a result.

When I found out Ronnie was manager I wasn't exactly over the moon, probably because of so many Martin Allen rumours, but I accepted he is our gaffer so you must give him a try, and I think the man's a saint! Great attitude, he's confident wherever we go. He's not a Mr. Little with "I'll take a point" and al that boring nonsense, he's his own man does what he wants goes away and believes just because your away you just "take the point" you can actaully win away from home if you try! Good tactical knowledge and has done a great job but still I see it as early days.

If we beat Forest I am 100% confident we can win promotion if not the league so far I believe we will be at least play-offs but to beat the big teams coming up then I'll be confident becasue you have beaten what seem to be the best.

I'm ready as ever for the rest of this month. I donlt want to jump to conclusions just yet about where we'll finish until the edn of themonth but I don't see why should'nt finish no lower than 4th.

THANK YOU GOOD NIGHT!