• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Leicester

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Congratulations to them on their improbable title win. I wonder if anyone had a tenner on Leicester winning the league and Braintree getting promoted ?

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I'm really pleased for Leicester. Not just because they won the league with little resources in comparison to most other premier league clubs, but because of where they were only a year ago.

When they just about stayed up last season after going on a good run, I thought they were crazy sacking Pearson and bringing in Raneri - just shows what I know. So to go from relegation contenders to champions is amazing.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
It's a feelgood story that doesn't often happen at that level. Even Wigan winning the cup comes nowhere near it. You get a lot of these stories at lower levels. Unfortunately, it's often at our expense!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Well done to them, fantastic achievement. Also really pleased for the Tinkerman who I've liked since his Chelsea days. Seems like a real nice bloke.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Like Ian, agree Ranieri seems a decent chap. It makes a change from the usual suspects for Leicester to win, though have jaundiced view of them from the play-offs and the ethics of how they got out of their financial difficulties are questionnable.

M

Mal

Amazing what you can achieve with the backing of chanting monks.

drwhoman

Very pleased for Leicester although it will be a one off. Their better players will be poached and they were lucky with injuries (lowest no of players used?) and no Europe. Very pleased for the fans. One guy who was interviewed was 73 and had been a season ticket holder for 50 years! He can grow old happy!

M

Mal

Amazing what you get for as little as £57 million a year wage bill.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
Like Ian, agree Ranieri seems a decent chap. It makes a change from the usual suspects for Leicester to win, though have jaundiced view of them from the play-offs and the ethics of how they got out of their financial difficulties are questionnable.

Indeed, being a Coventry resident there are lots of grumblings around here about the financial dealings of our neighbours up the M69. If they'd had a points deduction where might they be now? Still playing in L1 with Coventry?

Anyway, no sour grapes from me, I just live in Cov and my heart remains on the Wirral. Interesting stat regarding the number of players used though, take note Micky Adams!

M

Mal

Maybe their players don't wear slippers instead of proper football boots meaning fewer foot injuries? Or maybe they are real "men"