• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Leeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Well, one of our most important games is nearly upon us. A win would see us level with Leeds.

Jermaine Beckford is still a doubt with a thigh problem and wont be risked if he's not 100% and Fabian Delph misses out through suspension.

Leeds boss Simon Grayson:

"There's three or four others who we will assess on Friday," he said. "But whatever side we put out will be capable of a result.
"We have players who have been outside of the 16 these last few weeks, who are desperate for a game, so we have the players there and itching to play.
"It's all about a squad and it may be a chance for someone to step in."
Kay may move into the heart of defence with the suspension of Goodison meaning Edds would partner Jennings in midfield.

Tickets now available from TRFC Ticket Office - This match is all ticket for Tranmere supporters.

Adults £26
Senior (Over 60) £16
Junior (under 16) £12

lonerover

Player
Johnny Morrissey
This has to be the biggest game since the Play Offs against Hartlepool. I think I'd like to see Shotton go in at centre back with Edds a right back. Think Jenno and Kay have been good together this season and wouldn't want to break that up.

Beckford and Delph will be a massive miss for them, so I reckon we have a real chance, especially after our win there last year.

£26 is a bit steep isn't it???

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think it's gonna have to be Kay and Chorley at the back with Edds in the centre. Not ideal, but best we've got..

£26 is a ridiculous price to watch division one football!

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Jermaine Beckford is still a doubt with a thigh problem and wont be risked if he's not 100% and Fabian Delph misses out through suspension.

Wow...that is tremendous news. Still, with Jenno far from being at full-fitness with his breathing problem and Goodi out, we're in a pretty weak position ourselves.

But good god I hope we go for any alternative than Edds in midfield. I'd even rather see Shotton in there with Edds right back. Anything.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Working in Leeds, I come across some of their fans and they, surprisingly, don't feel that confident. As well as the injuries/bans already mentioned, Becchio is also a doubt. Their full-backs are vulnerable to pace, shame we haven't got any of that in the team at present. However all this means Andy Robinson is likely to start and he's had a bit of a jinx over us.

I don't think there's much option, short of bringing in a youngster, to moving Kay to the back and playing Edds in the middle.

Not confident above this one, but as it's the last game I'll get to this season if we don't make the play-offs, hope the lads surprise me.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
I don't think there's much option, short of bringing in a youngster, to moving Kay to the back and playing Edds in the middle.

..........................Coyne
Taylor..........Chorley.....Kay.......Shotton
Cresswell....Barnett.....Jenno....Sonko
...............Moore............Savage

We would win 9-0

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Not sure that Barnett is physically strong enough for the central midfield role, especially alongside a not fully fit Jennings. With Sonko not contributing much defensively, we could be overrun.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
We signed Charlie as a central midfielder...he's not that much smaller than Jenno tbh...certainly better than Edds...I think Sonko contributes quite a lot defensivley for a winger, he has a good work ethic and will always track back, moreso than Barnett. Cresswell has similar qualities on the left. I think it's quite well balanced.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Barnett was tried in the central midfield slot at the start of the season and found to be too lightweight. Jennings is hard to brush off the ball and Edds is fairly solid, regardless of a lack of pace. I don't share your rating of Sonko, but as one of the few players in the side who will run at defenders, can see why Ronnie would play him. The line-up you suggest is worth considering for the home game though.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Edds starts right back, Shotton in the center with Chorley. Kay and Jenno in midfield.

Good times. It's me vs Boz.

Status
Not open for further replies.