• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Leeds 0-2 Tranmere

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
What a win! Myrie-Williams scored a class goal from what i heard and Ian Moore headed a 2nd... I'm too ecstatic to really write too much. Never expected a 2-0 win. It could have been more too with Sherriff coming close twice and McLaren hitting bar with a free kick and volleying wide. Sounded like a very good performance. Up to 6th and 4 wins on the bounce. I'm so made up... finally sounded very impressive vocally from our fans today... well done lads!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Absolutely fantastic stuff. I've only just returned home, and dont have time to post up my thoughts, but will do later. What a great win though. Team was superb, supporters were superb, into the play-offs we go!

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Fantastic. That sums it up really. The team played so well, put their heart and soul into today's game, we were really up for it from the word go. Outstanding perfromances from Moore, Goodi and Jenno but seems wrong to single people out as it was a great team performance.

Fully deserved the win. The atmosphere in the away end was superb, 1700 Rovers fans ecstatic, a superb sight and one that will live long in the memory of those there. A special day to be a Rovers fan.

We're doing well at the moment, but it's important not to get carried away. We need to keep up this good run of form, cos as quickly as we're picked ourselves back into the play-off fold, we can drop back into mid-table too. It's very tight, so picking up positive results is vital to our future success.

But the buzz today going around, it's a nice time to follow Rovers. A really optimistic feeling. Come on Rovers! Well done lads today, you made us all proud to be part of the Super White Army!\\:D/

ps. great goal by Jennison \\:D/

Red Devil

Player
Moore, or Less
Am I chuffed or am i CHUFFED!!!! Abso bloody lutely brilliant.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Can't add much more to what Coops wrote really. Just proud to be a supporter today. And weren't those two goals great quality.

Didn't think much of Leeds, they hoofed it quite a bit and actually weren't that good. We were definately the better side.

Goodison had a superb game, solid as always. Another clean sheet.
McLaren and Jennings were superb also..

I think Leeds have a lot of problems, and I dont think Gary Mac will be there for long.

SWA were brilliant today. Sung from start to finish and weren't the Leeds bunch quiet?

M

mouse

I've just got back home to Ireland and the trip was very worthwhile indeed. This Tranmere team looks very solid and full of confidence, the back four looked brilliant, particularly Goodison. The midfield was full of passion - and it will be strengthened with the return of Shuker on the right. I'd like to see what Jennison can do on the left, and that was some goal he scored. The way we played actually made me confident that we would win, which is rare following TRFC away. Zola and Moore looks a promising partnership, and the latter scored a cracking header. The SWA were brilliant and it was great the way the team came over to celebrate the goals. The only downside was the police turned the beer taps off at half time - I don't know why?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
The only downside was the police turned the beer taps off at half time - I don't know why?
They turned them off 15 minutes before the kick-off. Luckily, I'd just made it to the bar before they decided to close it.

Sadly, they believed we were getting rowdy, although all we were doing was singing and making some noise.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Great result. We can now defend, create and score. Remembering how we played in November and December with much the same team, all we need now is consistency!

Anyone know how big the SWA was?

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
4 on the bounce! A great boost for Ian Moore on his debut. Thank god we got Jennison until the end of the season.

Let's hope we have turned a corner and put November & December behind us now!

What will it be like when Shuker & Davies are back in the squad?

I'm already looking forward to Orient on Saturday! Come On!

Player
Johnny Morrissey
1700 sounded like 17,000 btw - awesome support - well done one and all who was there cheering on the boys - we played our part! =D>

It's amazing what a couple of results can do, optimism and a buzz about our fans now, it's great. Lets hope the non regulars can come out and boost the number on Saturday, and make as much noise as we did at Leeds to cheer us on to further points.

Del Shannon

Player
Iain Hume
What a result. Once we get Frankenstein back and move Myrie Williams on to the left there will be no stopping us! =D>

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Seeing the JMW goal on Virgin Media, it looks a candidate for League One goal of the season. But he wouldn't have scored it from the left wing. It really caught the defence out as they would not be used to a "right" winger cutting in and shooting with his left foot. Maybe we should leave him on the right wing!;-)

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
It was a good'un! I still remember looking around at everyone around me when he scored going "WTF just happened there?" lol

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I love the way he flicks it back and completely takes out their two defenders that was class.

Player
Achterberg
well out of date i know, but im new to the forum and would just like to gloat i won £183 off this result, cheers lads :)

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
hehe, no problem with bringing up some of last seasons finest moments :)