• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Lairds 0-6 Tranmere

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I see we had a comfortable win today with goals coming from Sherriff, Davies, Jennings, Taylor and Curran (2). Good to see the lads doing what they should be doing in these games. I heard Ahmed had a particulary good game. Did anybody off here go?

Player
Curran,Humey,R.Taylor,Goodison,Jacko,Robbo
yeah a great win shame curran missed the pen.Adnan Ahmed played a good game won the pen and i thought should of took it.Good to see Jenno back and scoring.Danny Holmes also had a good game at left back bombing up the left wing to help out Bakke on trial and Shuker.

lonerover

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Agreed that this is the type of result we should be getting against these kind of teams....good start and glad to see the new guys seemed to do OK.

Anyone know anything about this Geert Bakke? Can't seem to find anything on the net about him.

Player
He plays in for a non league team in holland i think.Looks like a sharp young player.

Player
Goodison
Curran has scored every time he has played as a striker!

Ive got a feeling that we have got a special player on our hands here. He remindes me of Fowler or Aldridge, hes got that predators instinct. He needs to be given a long contract now! I think he could be the missing piece in the promotion jigsaw, if he plays as many games as possible and as long as our defence is ok, he could fire us to promotion. I think hes the best striker we have got as he seems to be much sharper then Greenacre.

He looks capable of getting 30 goals a season hopefully.

Player
I'll say he should be getting about 20 goals this season him and Greenacre.
View attachment 23

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Lets not put to much pressure on Curran, Luke. He is still very young and has things to learn. Yes his goal scoring record to games played is amazing so far but i'd be made up if he got into double figures next season and that depends on how much Ronnie decides to play him and how.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Well seems Mr bakker has pakkered his bags (sorry) as he wasn't in the lineup tonight. Some French left winger instead - apparently not very good. Cheap foreigners...:roll: seems thats the market we're in for Ellison's replacement.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I was only saying we don't want to be putting too much pressure on the young lad at an early stage of his career.