• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Kids Go Free

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
jackarmy.net said:
Kids Go Free

How Cooze, our Associate Director, is heading up a new 'Kids Go free' scheme for the next generation of Swans fans. Over the course of the next few weeks details of the scheme will be announced fully and we expect 10,000 plus tickets to be given out to school children not just in Swansea but also our catchment area. As they say at times like this - watch this space.

Smart. If Swansea can do it.....

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
We've done that on several occasions haven't we?

M

Matthew The Rover

Ian said:
We've done that on several occasions haven't we?

Not for a number of years. We did it vs. Bradford once and won 3-1 from 1-0 down, and I got tickets for £1 through school. Then another time (by this time I had a season ticket) they did it, Wembley season I think, and we packed the Cowshed.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Not being funny but there are loads of kids already at the games and they annoy the hell outta me cos none of them watch the flaming game!

£23 season tickets were done for the last 3 seasons - £1 a game! Don't think the kids have been that hard done by.

M

Matthew The Rover

No ticket price should be more than £10 for any age group anyway. I agree with you completely SCooperSomersaults and feel if any price's need to be lowered, it's that of an adult. £15 for an adult is a joke.

C

championship_here_we_come

SCooperSomersaults said:
Not being funny but there are loads of kids already at the games and they annoy the hell outta me cos none of them watch the flaming game!

grr i hate peopel who do that the other week theere was these two girls about 13 who got up every 5 minutes to go th loo severely pissed me off

S

Seanyb

I work for this coaching company and we do match day visits. Most recently worked at Wrexham, wher fids went for free and we basically keep them happy. It added a 1,000 to the attendance. We should do this at rovers!

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
I remember doing it v fulham when ity weas on TV and we got beat 4-1.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
If the tickets are given out for non-reserved areas, then we're not just talking about the simple bums on seats spending money on refreshments, programme etc - we're also talking about parents who might bring their kids, especially since the kids will get in free. More bums on seats. On matchday, every empty seat - with a decent view - in the ground is lost revenue. The prices should be lowered across the board until every seat is filled. That's the way to make money.

C

ChiefRich

NeverBeatDaveHiggins said:
If the tickets are given out for non-reserved areas, then we're not just talking about the simple bums on seats spending money on refreshments, programme etc - we're also talking about parents who might bring their kids, especially since the kids will get in free. More bums on seats. On matchday, every empty seat - with a decent view - in the ground is lost revenue. The prices should be lowered across the board until every seat is filled. That's the way to make money.

I suppose you are hoping that all wll spend extra money on refreshments, programmes etc?

Setting ticket prices is a very hard game. The idea is not to sell them all out but to make the most money possible.

For example, if we charge kids £4 to get in, 3,000 might come along: £12,000. If we charge kids £1, 4,000 might come along: £4,000. A loss of £8,000. Same principle with adult tickets, only more money at stake.
Of course, you might get a few more adults to come along, bringing their children on a "day out". Let's say 200 at £12 each: £2,400. That is still a loss of £5,600.
(Obviously all these figures are just possibilities!)

To make more money, we'd need to sell a lot more drinks/programmes etc. How many of them would buy them? There is no certainty here at all, and when it comes to financial planning, the club needs to have financial certainty.

If the idea is to sell them out, we'd have to give tickets away or even pay people to come at the moment!

So while there is money to be made by selling out (from extra spending making up for the much lower ticket prices), the 2 problems that arise are
- would we make more money?
- could this be ascertained for purposes of financial planning?

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

it wouldnt but it will attract more adults to bring their kids.

DixieDean

i've just painted my back fence. I should maybe charge people a fiver to come and watch it dry. Surely that's better value than going to PP at the moment :D :D :D