• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Joe Thompson....

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
...has joined Rochdale on loan until the end of the season. After 28 days is up, we can recall him at any time.

Bit of a surprise for 2 reasons:

1. I always thought he looked decent albeit injuries have affected his season.

2. More importantly, with McGurk and Robbo out plus a lack of striking options, I would have kept him. Yes Baggie is back and Zoom can play further up but Black looks nothing special at left back. OHalloran can play out wide but ha s not done enough whilst he has been with is IMO.

Maybe Ronnie is freeing up his wages to bring a centre mid in??

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I am a bit surprised at this decision. Although he has his critics, from what I have seen of Thompson I hate him more highly than Amoo or O'Halloran. It is a bit weird that Ronnie seems so harsh in his judgements of ABB and Thompson, yet has been happy to use the aforementioned two out wide, with generally unexceptional results (in fairness, O'Halloran did well on Tuesday).

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Don't know why he's so out of favour, at at time when Robbo and McGurk are out, we need options out wide. Kirby isn't ready, Amoo and O'Halloran, despite Tuesday's decent showing from Michael, don't really seem comfortable there.

drwhoman

JT

I vaguely recall that JT had some personal issues early in the season? Birth of a child? Maybe the travelling and being away so much is causing problems. I would imagine he still lives in Rochdale.

DIW

Player
Goodison
Rochdale is a hell of a long way. Maybe he should try another career and live near his kid.
However - given the injuries we could probably do with him today.