• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Jim Harvey

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
What's the feeling here? Would you welcome Jim Harvey as the next Tranmere manager?

I think you would do worse than to pick someone with that much experience as a manager, effectively building up a club from scratch, crafting them into a force in the conference, and setting up their youth scheme. Morecambe's loss would be our gain I feel.

og in oz

The man was a legend when he played for us, he has done very well at morcombe, i would love to have him here

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
I really don't know too much about him. Ian, have you any wonderful stats?

DixieDean

It's just seems too much of a coincidence to me. I'm (blindly?) confident that he's the man! He should certainly know who the best conference players are (who we could probably pick up cheaply!)

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
Very good point Dix. That's the sort of guy we need =D> =D>

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Without wanting to be cruel on the man, he may be a little frail after his recent heart problems. He's certainly held in high asteem with the fans, but let's not be sentimental. Would he be a good manager?

Nomur: I know you love the stats but they are sadly lacking for Mr.Harvey. Anyone know his managerial record? :???: How long has he been in management for now?

M

Matthew The Rover

Harvey was at Morcambe for 12 years, getting them promoted once, winning two none-league trophies and missing out on the play-offs on the last game of the 2004/05 season

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
Ian said:
Without wanting to be cruel on the man, he may be a little frail after his recent heart problems.

He's only in his 40's and has made a succesful recovery, I don't think that stands against him mate :-D

B

Banana Army

DixieDean said:
It's just seems too much of a coincidence to me. I'm (blindly?) confident that he's the man! He should certainly know who the best conference players are (who we could probably pick up cheaply!)

Andy Williams. Sign him up now. Absolute quality.

Anyways Harvey aint the man Gary Peters is. He'll no conference players and leauge 2 and has a bit more experience

Player
Morrisey
But he could just be saying he doesn't want the job! I am sure we could offer hi a contract that he would agree too. The likely-hood is he wont come, but you know that in football people will play their cards close to their chest.

Andy Williams would be an excellent partener for Greenacre. I think I have mentioned him on here before. He is 19 and pure class!

DixieDean

Tranmere will only appoint someone who is well known to Tranmere Supporters, either from being a national name (Frank Worthington, Brian Little) or a local hero (Matthias, Watson, Aldo, King). Jim Harvey fits, Peters doesn't. Simple as that... :cool:

That doesn't mean it will be Harvey, it just means it WON'T be Peters.

M

Matthew The Rover

Peters signed a new two year deal at Shrewsbury last night

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Jimmy has done a magnificent job at Morecambe and don't let anyone tell ya any different. His recent health probs are a slight concern, managing tranmere gives him more heart problems for sure!

He was a GREAT player, would he be a great manager? How does anyone know? If he came, thats the only way we could tell...:roll: