• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

JAKE CASSIDY

drwhoman

Interesting loan signing from Wolves. Seems to know where the goal is. From North Wales so you wonder what our scouts were doing when he was playing for Llandudno. Still all history now. Let us hope that he can provide a bit of impetus up front as an alternative to Brunt or Enoch if either are injured/playing poorly. Looks as if we have seen the last of Chicken while I doubt if we will see ITM either. No bad thing.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I'm not sure we can totally rule Mustafa out as at least 3 more games before he can return from his loan. Enoch has done well, but it's understandable Ronnie is cautious about his fitness. Wonder if there's any money left in the pot to find a young winger from somewhere?

O

OneNightInGayParis

Loan Extended

I see Jake's loan has been extended to the end of the season. Not a surprise but good news all the same. Apart from the first team action, and not counting too many chickens before we get that final win, I think I would rather be around Prenton Park rather than Molyneux for the next month or so!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I'm pleased but surprised we've kept him. He is costing money and we are all but safe, so where is the budget coming from? Not to worry, he will make the team more competitive in the last few weeks of the season.

I'd really love to have him on loan next season, but don't know how feasible that would be.

O

OneNightInGayParis

I'm pleased but surprised we've kept him. He is costing money and we are all but safe, so where is the budget coming from?

All but safe, but not quite yet! I wonder if there's any possibility of a permanent signing? Appreciate that there would have to be some book balancing but IMO Jake is potentially the best of the forwards at our disposal.

Of course, he may move up the pecking order at Wolves as they fall in the Championship and the extended loan may be in preparation for this. Not sure that Wolves strike me as being that organised at the mo' though!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
All but safe, but not quite yet! I wonder if there's any possibility of a permanent signing? Appreciate that there would have to be some book balancing but IMO Jake is potentially the best of the forwards at our disposal.

Of course, he may move up the pecking order at Wolves as they fall in the Championship and the extended loan may be in preparation for this. Not sure that Wolves strike me as being that organised at the mo' though!
We can live in hope! Wolves signed him from Airbus Broughton, so in our favour is the fact we are the nearest league club to his home town.

His strike rate since he joined us is phenomenal. It makes you wonder where we'd be if he'd joined last August. Probably in the play-offs!

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
We can live in hope! Wolves signed him from Airbus Broughton, so in our favour is the fact we are the nearest league club to his home town.

His strike rate since he joined us is phenomenal. It makes you wonder where we'd be if he'd joined last August. Probably in the play-offs!

Weve no chance of a permanent signing, we were interested in him before but couldnt afford him. If we signed him in August he would have had to play as a loan striker so wouldnt have been as effective.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Weve no chance of a permanent signing, we were interested in him before but couldnt afford him. If we signed him in August he would have had to play as a loan striker so wouldnt have been as effective.
I presume you mean a "lone" striker. Actually, he might have done OK on his own upfront as he seems to be a natural goalscorer unlike the others. As most of our defeats have been by the odd goal and we've drawn a few, virtually every extra goal he scored would have been worth at least a point.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
But with the system we played under les he would spent far much more time chasing aimless hoofs and would not ahve been in the area as much to get on the end of chances.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Nice to see Jake Cassidy in the League One team of the week (for the Easter weekend). I presume he got it for Good Friday rather than Easter Monday :wink:. I hope it cheers him up after his first setback in a Rovers shirt.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
He's getting more ups and downs playing for Rovers than he would do trotting out for Wolves reserves or whereever he was playing before. Great experience for these lads.