• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

International Call Ups?????

tea for two

Player
johnny morrissey
its greAT that Tranmere have 2 players that are on standby for the national teams.full credit to the 2 players.Adam i believe by the reports has been doing well for Tranmere and lets hope they both get some minutes.:smile:

Player
Liam Palmer
Echo that - well done lads, it's a great honour to represent your country and good to see the words "Tranmere Rovers" after an international player's name.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Wow, it's been quite some time since I've seen the words 'international player' associated with our squad. Might be clutching at straws a bit tho. Backup to the backup of 24 players. LOL

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Northern Ireland isn't the hardest side to get into, but it'll give Robbie and Adam a well-earned boost.

In all my years as a Rovers fan, I can't remember any player representing Northern Ireland. Does anyone have a longer memory?

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Harvey and Nolan perhaps?

Edit: wow, Harvey was never capped. Not that I ever saw him play - not sure why I sound so surprised.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Nolan never played for Northern Ireland when he was with us

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I'd thought Colin Clarke, but there are no Rovers players who've featured for Northern Ireland while playing with us according to The Complete Record.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I'd thought Colin Clarke, but there are no Rovers players who've featured for Northern Ireland while playing with us according to The Complete Record.
Colin Clarke was capped after he left us.

TRFC_Ian

Player
Aldo
Nolan never played for Northern Ireland when he was with us

Im sure the rumour at the time was that we included a clause in the deal to sell Nolan to Sheff Wed so that we got some more money if he went on to gain a full England cap - and then he suddenly discovered one of his grandparents was from Northern Ireland and we missed out on the money!

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Im sure the rumour at the time was that we included a clause in the deal to sell Nolan to Sheff Wed so that we got some more money if he went on to gain a full England cap - and then he suddenly discovered one of his grandparents was from Northern Ireland and we missed out on the money!

That wernt a rumour it was true.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I wonder how close Fonners is to a Welsh call up ? Obviously Hennessey is better than him, but I am not sure of the standard of their back-up keepers.

Ash Taylor has also been called up to the Welsh under-21s by the way.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Myhill (not sure where he is now) and Price (C. Palace) will be way ahead of him in the pecking order. There are probably others.

O

OneNightInGayParis

I remember talking to Colin after the Colchester away match (1985) and he was certainly in the squad for a friendly against spain in Majorca. If memory serves, he told us a funny story about kicking in against Pat Jennings before the match and falling flat on his arse in front of the Spanish supporters!

Maybe this was the last fixture they had before he went to Bournemouth and he didn't actually get onto the pitch?

interested to know for sure, though ...

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Owain Fon Williams has been put on standby for international duty today. Well deserved after such a consistent season.