• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Hull City Vs Tranmere Rovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
Really looking forward to Tuesday, although we've only had 1 win & 1 draw in the last six fixtures against Hull.

The 04/05 Season saw us being hammered 3-1 at home & 6-1 away by them, but on the up side they've only 1 point from 4 games so far this season. But it is the Cup and it really means nothing, I'd love another good cup run.

I'm going for a 1-0 win for us, and I think Shuks will score it.

What does everyone else think??

Player
Morrisey
First off is an appology for my negative attitude prior to the Yeovil game. after watching the boys play now I can safely say that I will be more confident for the rest of the season and will not be predicting losses.

this will be a good test against championship opposition and will let us know how we compare.

I will go for 2-2. Taylor and Ellison. (would like to see stockdale on the score sheet too against his old team).

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
The game must be finished on the night so who do you think will win if it goes to dreaded penalties? Personally I think we need a cup run to generate some money but think we will go down 2-1 in a hard fought match.

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
Ronnia has made a few comments about resting some first teamers for this game so I think he has one agenda this season and maybe it doesn't involve the Carling Cup.

I agree we need a cup run to generate some cash for the club, but if it came to that or being in the Championship next season, I think I know which one i'd choose. Hope i'm not alone in that opinion??

Although I admit there's absolutely nothing like spanking a big club in a cup game.

Player
Morrisey
He said that he is going to try Mullin and (Jason)Macca in midfield which I think will be good.

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

Im going to this game. I think there wont be too many changes. I can see Taylor or Greenacre dropping to the bench for Zola,as Ronnie has said. McAteer will get a run out for the injured McCaren. I would like to see Acterberg in goal for this one after what happened last time.I think Tremarco will play as well, so McCready, Sherriff or Goodison will be dropped to the bench. I dont see many changes but the ones I mentioned here are still a good side in my opinion.

S

slawlane

I wanted to go to this match but sadly we're only taking one coach, and not enough people put there names down for a second intake, I'm gutted, but realistically, I cant see this match being much in terms of determination, I reckon Ronnie's gonna put his 2nd team out, inc John Achterberg (I hope) lol whoa just had a flash back to when I was a kid and we played Cammel Lairds, an after the game I wanted an autograph off Achterberg desparately, so I grabbed my friends pen and asked Johhny to sign the back of the kit kat wrapper i recently discovered, he smuggly replied, "i cant sign that".......even to this day, you can still see the damage it did to my pride :-D

Oh..yeh the topic, yeh Tranmere to scrape a win 2-1.

edited for grammatical reasons

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Even after reading Ronnie comments about the priority being the league, I still think it makes for an interesting game.

With Macca in midfield and hopefully the big man Zola up front, I think it brings a different approach to the game. I'm really gunning for Zola to start as I think he can be a handful when he really knuckles down and plays well.

In all honesty, a win is going to be difficult, so let's just see what happens on the night.

If we can keep it under six, it's an improvement! :whistle:

C

championship_here_we_come

any body going to be in Chat for tonights game, also is there anywere with commentry because i havent got tranmere world

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
I'm in mate!

Status
Not open for further replies.