• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Hull 2-1 Tranmere

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Disappointing after such a good first half... maybe if we had finished a couple of other chances off we would be in the next round now. Sherriff got our goal with a header that was ruled to have crossed the line but Hull hit back well after the break and Burgess equalised which sparked Hull into life and as the game was going towards penalties Daryll Duffy scored to send Hull through. Would be interesting to see what people who went actually thought of the performance though.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Did anybody go the game last nite? From what I've read, we were pretty poor but so were Hull so if we had just held on to the lead and maybe converted some of the chances Ronnie suggests we could have then we'd be celebrating a round 2 clash with E*erton!:lol:

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
I was quite impressed with commentary of the first half as it suggested we did hold possesion well and had a lot of chances. We seemed to fall asleep in the second half and Hull came alive and took advantage. Wardy had a great game and I think we all agreed in the chatroom that it was his boots that did the trick.

Sadly missed the first 15 of the extra time coz I had to go the booze shop before it shut. And just as I got back and sat in me seat Daryll Duffy (brilliant name) got Hull's second. After that the chances were far and few between and I imagine on a fitness level, we were probably worn out.

Thanks again to everyone who came into the chat room (except jim, haha just kidding). 3 cheers for SWA for beating a bad browser problem and finally making a mark on the room before the end of the game!

Roll on Saturday and another 3 League Points!=D>

Player
Morrisey
I am not too dissapointed with 1-1 over ninety minutes against a Championship side. Hopefuilly the team can take some thing from the game and we can excel in the league!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Threadbare squad

Did anyone else notice that every experienced member of the first team squad was in the 16 last night? The other two (McLaren and Harrison) are injured. If anyone else gets injured or suspended, we'll have to rely on the four youngsters. There's not much competition for places - except goalie.

I'm sure Ronnie knows this all too well and has a few loan targets in his mind. I'll bet we see a couple on board by the end of next month.

Given that we have a bunch of strangers in our team and a new manager, you've got to be pleased with our start, but what a shame we will miss out yet again on the money and glory from a decent cup run.

The next match will be interesting. We need to win at places like Chesterfield to make real progress.