• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Heswall/Cammell Lairds v Rovers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Player
Johnny Morrissey
Well, finally, after over 2 months of no Tranmere action and withdrawal symptoms almost unbearable, we shall get to see the new look Tranmere side in action in their first friendly action on Tuesday night. It'll be the first glimpse of the Barnes/McAteer era, and whether you like them or not, it'll be interesting to see how pre-season goes.

With the two matches being played simulteanously, expect Tranmere to take about 14-15 players to the two matches, with the starting XIs mostly getting a full 90 minute run out (barring injuries - fingers crossed). The two sides are likely to be a mix of youth and professionals for both of the fixtures, with trialists thrown in for good measure. I believe we have quite a few lads without clubs training with Rovers at the moment so expect a few unknown names to be playing.

Both games kick off at 7pm and should be a good workout for the Tranmere players on show.

I have no details on admission for Heswall, but check this link for full details on the Lairds game from their very good official website : http://lairdsfc.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=66&Itemid=1

Seems those who cannot make the game can follow the Twitter commentary on their page! I'm wondering, if I sign up to Twitter just for this, will I ever get out alive? Seems the fad seems to take over people's lives once they join so it's a big step and I'm wondering if it is worth it?! Answers on a postcard...

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Can't follow the logic of two games on the same night. I guess we'll field the stronger side @Lairds with a reserves/trialists mix at Heswall with Barnes at one & McAteer the other. The way things are going can't help thinking the season's starting too soon for us. Sorry SCoops, I'm a stone age relic and haven't a clue about Twitter.

Player
Liam Palmer
John Welsh has signed two-year deal according to club website. Four midfielders now signed by JB, but still no keeper, right-back or centre-half.

M

Mal

Best form of defence is attack. 1-1-5-4 - Just need a Yosser for the back line of 1

Player
Liam Palmer
Team announced v. Cammell Laird tonight:

Moore Gornell

Mahon Welsh McLaren Allott

Taylor Goodison Creswell Edds

Shuker.

TRFCJason

Player
John Aldridge
does that mean Shuker is in goal or we playing rush goalies?

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
My current understanding of our goalkeeper situation compared to last year is:

Coyne - Boro
Achto - Liverpool

Then we released one of our youth keepers, and Achto took the other to Liverpool with him...assume Kennedy to be the latter...

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
As I posted elsewhere, Kennedy seemed to have been released. Don't know who Achto took with him to Liverpool?

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
As I posted elsewhere, Kennedy seemed to have been released. Don't know who Achto took with him to Liverpool?

Might have been Kennedy's understudy.

This must leave us with out first choice keeper being about 15?!

Player
Liam Palmer
Want to go to one of the games tomorrow - which do we reckon with be the First XI and which one will be the stiffs?

(whether I can get a beer at Kirklands will NOT effect my decision)

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Reckon that the stronger side will show at Kirklands. On the other hand, maybe Barnes will go to the Heswall game as it's nearer home for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.