• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Harry Kane

Player
aldo
Harry looks like he is going to City for £160m and £400k a week,n:mad::sick: :puke:, now I am sorry and I don't care who says shit no Footballer is worth that no club can sustain that weekly pay its £1.6 million a month, now I am regarded as a good chef and the customers are very happy,I do 80 hrs a week and pick up £450 the world had gone fkn mad, imagine what will happen when there billion air owners say enough and don't wanna pay they will be in shit creek

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
The owners of these top clubs are multi billionaires. But I suspect that the television money has been instrumental in these 'obscene' wages.

In his final playing season, a few years ago, a player was earning something in the region of £1 million per week. Not just wages, but media rights, sponsorship and other deals.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Harry looks like he is going to City for £160m and £400k a week,n:mad::sick: :puke:, now I am sorry and I don't care who says shit no Footballer is worth that no club can sustain that weekly pay its £1.6 million a month, now I am regarded as a good chef and the customers are very happy,I do 80 hrs a week and pick up £450 the world had gone fkn mad, imagine what will happen when there billion air owners say enough and don't wanna pay they will be in shit creek
You can't blame Harry. He clearly loves Spurs but he has gone as far as he can with them. The money is great, but I suspect the thought of guaranteed Champions League and probably half a dozen trophies over the next three years was too good to resist.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I'm not convinced Daniel Levy will let Kane join Man City

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
You can't blame Harry. He clearly loves Spurs but he has gone as far as he can with them. The money is great, but I suspect the thought of guaranteed Champions League and probably half a dozen trophies over the next three years was too good to resist.
Yes, I am sure his primary motive is to win trophies and money is secondary.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I'm not convinced Daniel Levy will let Kane join Man City
He certainly won't want him to go, but would he want an unhappy player? The cash would release funds for three or four top players. Spurs transfer dealings in recent years has been woeful, but the new manager did great business while at Wolves.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
He certainly won't want him to go, but would he want an unhappy player? The cash would release funds for three or four top players. Spurs transfer dealings in recent years has been woeful, but the new manager did great business while at Wolves.
Time will tell but I just don't see it happening

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Spurs are a joke for a so called big club. No league championships for 60 years. Only Newcastle (no domestic trophies at all since 1955!) are worse.
They are still a club with a rich tradition and a strong cup record, including a couple of European trophies. They have also produced or honed some of the greatest English players ever: Greaves, Hoddle, Gascoigne, Kane et al.

They have more FA Cup wins than Liverpool, more European trophies than Everton, and pre-Abramovic were historically one of the 'big two' in the capital with Arsenal.

Player
aldo
i don't blame him just think the clubs paying so much is fking stupid no club can sustain it end of

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Im
i don't blame him just think the clubs paying so much is fking stupid no club can sustain it end of
It's daft but has been happening since Roman took over at Chelsea and various new owners followed suit. City will not pay anywhere near the transfer fee quoted but have so far brought incaroubd £50m in transfer fees and will likely bring in a similar amount again by the end of the window.

It's only unsustainable in the long run if owners pull out but there would be wealthy people willing to take over and invest significantly though maybe not at the current level.