• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Greenacre is better than Pauleta

smilingmart

I know this may seem like a random post but not when you consider I've been in paris these last few days (am at an internet terminal at CDG now). While in Paris I took in the PSG Lens game and it was a belter... 4-3 to Lens! Pauleta may have scored two goals but to be honest he should have had five!! Greenacre would have lashed at least 4 in the net. It is quite obvious that Pauleta is nevertheless a good player who scores goals but thats because he has good service. Greenacre needs better service! With the departure of taylor and hall we've missed a good ball into the box - a supplyline.

The new kid francis seems like he had a good cross on him which means we will gett more chances and with aiston ahead of him i think we'll do ok for delivery from that side.

Now for "la rive gauche" - roberts has a good cross on him but gooodison is not a left back and we need to sort this out in january. For me our team looks good apart from the left back/left wing position - wherever roberts isnt playing.

So to sum up, greenacre is just as good a finisher as pauleta he just needs one thing. DELIVERY.

A bientot.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
I think Robbo can do that and Faceys improving so I think we ok at the moment.

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

i thik we are ok at the mo. Maybe a new left midfielder can come into the team and Roberts can go back to Left back maybe?

A

AndyRoo16

ummm...service is a prob at the mo...
but with the players we have returning to form, this prob should soon go away....
I hope :roll: ...
and the goodison situation does need to be resolved or theres no hope 4 us :!:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
AndyRoo16 said:
ummm...service is a prob at the mo.. :!:
service has been a problem all season mate!
since we lost hall, hume and taylor.

i cant really see it improving all that much with the current squad.

i know NBDH mentions paul brown a lot and has been upping him for some time now. i haven't really seen the guy play so can't comment. seems another guy who's not been given a chance.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I think Paul Brown should be given a chance... but apparently he is not consistent enough.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
Ive seen paul brown alot, o thought he did very well in a few games he got last season , this season in the reserves hes doing ok but is inconsistent and we cant risk anything like that at the moment. - bringing in young incostinent players who only really get reserve games.