• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Great Lorraine

• Thread starter Matthew The Rover
  • Start date
M

Matthew The Rover

Promote Tranmere Rovers FC over the water where there are already two MASSIVE teams, only because it's free.
Well, how about advertising on OUR side of the Mersey, where there are around 343,000 people who don't support Tranmere Rovers from Prenton Park? Sure, you aren't going to budge many people to Prenton Park, but I'm sure if you advertised in the papers, on the ad board by the tunnel etc. you'd get maybe 1,000 extra supporting the Rovers at Prenton Park every week.
Stick your hand in your pocket and advertise this club

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

Yer she is stupid oh well some people like her and some hater her, I just hate her myself :evil:

M

Matthew The Rover

Don't get me wrong I think she's done very well for this club but I think at times she needs to be a little more adventurous!

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
IS this sponsorshiup deal making s any profits?

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I would imagine we would gain financially from it in some way otherwise there would be not much point in us doing it.

P

PaulCook'sMagicLeftFoot

Birkenhead Born and Bred said:
Yer she is stupid oh well some people like her and some hater her, I just hate her myself :evil:

That's a well constructed arguement you've got there, you make some very valid points.

What happened did she nick your footy? :D

S

Seanyb

No it isn't stupid, its a great idea!!! It brings some money into the club and also the point of advertisement is to make awareness of the club NOT to bring in more fans from liverpool!!! I sometimes go and watch the smaller clubs in the north west, if I had never heard of them I wouldn't go.

A

AndyRoo16

PaulCook'sMagicLeftFoot said:

That's a well constructed arguement you've got there, you make some very valid points.

What happened did she nick your footy? :D

lmao :lol:

I agree i think the board should be thinking of ways to bring more people to Prenton Park. The "kid for a quid" idea is one great way that we have used. Maybe more schemes like this could be used.#
I would imagine the sponser deal should be quite lucrative to, the board aint gonna put liverpool bla bla blaa for nothing......or would they?

C

ChiefRich

Free tickets for local primary schools regularly. Some kids will buy drinks etc, some parents might come along etc, better atmosphere, more family club, some will like it and come again.

There are lots of Primary Schools on the Wirral and in Neston/Ellesmere Port. If we try and offer most of them one free match for all their pupils in a certain year or something (not all will be taken and we tend to have about 10,000 spare tickets etc)...

I seem to remember when I was about 10 the football club I was at got about 40 free tickets in the yellow seats in the Main Stand. If we could do enough to get one of the blocks of yellow seats filled with primary school kids every game it gives the club a good image and may encourage some to come more regularly etc.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
thats how see it cheif!

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
School schemes are always really good, espaecially for kids that may not necessarily be into football in a big way. I found when I was growing up that actually going to a match converted some kids and whatever team they went to see was the team they stuck with.

They certainly do it all the time in Ireland with local league teams and it works. If know kids that would take tickets over here for matches I would give them out.

Player
Morrisey
I remember people on here (rightly) praising Liverpool and Everton Fans for coming to support us in the playoffs yet now they are slagging them off! Why? I view it as petty!

C

ChiefRich

Super_white_army said:
I remember people on here (rightly) praising Liverpool and Everton Fans for coming to support us in the playoffs yet now they are slagging them off! Why? I view it as petty!

I suppose it is because we would rather Wirral-based fans of those two teams supported their local team than the bigwigs across the water. Unfortunately it is a problem many clubs of our size face. I think it is an issue with fans of all clubs of our size.

Standard chant at cup matches: "See you at <Stockport> lads!"

Player
Morrisey
Yes that is obvious Rich and I understand that but it seems that SOME fans will pick and choose when to have the support of Liverpool as and when it suits them. It is money and easy money at that! I see it as a compliment that we have been asked to bear the badge of Liverpool '08. The fact that we have Wirral pasted across the front of our shirt will be sufficient to cancel out the small Liverpool '08 logo!

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

Seanyb said:

No it isn't stupid, its a great idea!!! It brings some money into the club and also the point of advertisement is to make awareness of the club NOT to bring in more fans from liverpool!!! I sometimes go and watch the smaller clubs in the north west, if I had never heard of them I wouldn't go.

Ok she is bringing money into the club do we spend it on the squad erm...NO!! When was the last time we bought a player? We only spend money on wages and on the ground which I don't mind ok the board says Little has money to spend so we dont need any more money. Wouldn't any manager in our league would love to have money to spend and we have money so why not spend it? QWe either waste our money or dont fucking spend it

Griff

With regard to advertising the club...

Why do we no longer have a board up on borough road ???

There always used to be a board up with the next match on. Its one of the main roads through Wirral and drivers are forced to stop at the lights. The board is now on the main stand side where no one can see it.

These small things can make a big difference.

Player
Morrisey
We are still oweing money so surely any extra revenue we can generate is a good thing! you will not see alot of the football club's mone being spent but I assure you it will be and I am positibve it is needed!

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

Rodgers said 'we are financially stable' and that we are one of the couple of the clubs in league 1 that has money to spend and it worries me that we dont invest into our squad can I please ask you people were do you think our money has gone? and why are we not spending it?

Player
Morrisey
I can't answer where it has gone, but as financially stable we are we still need money! We are one of the better off clubs in the league, but we still have debt!