• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Goody retiring?

Player
Jimmy Harvey
Was reading a number of players comments on Twitter last night and it would seem that Ian Goodison is to retire at the end of the season.

TheBigManPepe:
'I will miss you all when I wake up on Sunday morning SWA.'

DHolmesy15:
'Hope these rumours about Goody are false.'

owainfon
'Whats this Danny?!!!'

Hopefully Goody means he is going to miss everyone over the summer, but to be fair I was told last year this was to be his last as he wants to return to Jamaica.

Rob

Player
Clint Hill
Top player and a very good servant for the club but I think he knows his days are numbered now and age is finally catching up with him.

I'd rather he bowed out through his own choice with fond memories rather than slowly falling down the pecking order and being remembered only for mistakes.

Player
Backayogo
Its the right time to go. Thought the Club might find a position for him however, sunny Birkenhead or Jamaica, a hard decision?

WildRover

Player
Kevin Gray (ha!)
If he is going, then the club should have made an announcement before Sat, so people can say goodbye to him, they might even get an above 5k crowd for once...[-o<

Player
Liam Palmer
Yes a true legend, still think he has a bit left in him, but wouldn't begrudge him his retirement.

Wonder if Ronnie's criticism of him last weekend (which I felt was bad man-management) will have had any bearing on the decision if he is packing in?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
It will be a sad say when he hangs up his boots. Our best player by miles over the last few years. Agree with TT64, still think he has more in the tank..

I'd like to see one more season out of him. I have a gut feeling he'll be jacking it in.