• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Goodison to stay until 2009

lonerover

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Great news to hear that Ian Goodison will be staying on for another two years...think he's been one of if not our most consistent player this year. Just shows what difference playing in your right position makes.

Apparently championship and league one clubs and been asking about him.

Player
Morrisey
Cracking news I think. Good to see that RM has the players faith and loyalty.

Is there anyone in this league that you would swap Goodison for? Ithink that Billy Sharps is the only one at the moment. Perhaps Chris Commons, but then you have to remember that you would be loosing a defender and in my opinion he is the best in the league.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Great news... He has been our most consistent player this season and I hope he keeps it up! Now we need Greenacre to sign a new deal and all will be going nicely.

Player
Morrisey
Did he not sign an extention earlier this season? I might be wrong.

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
RM Quote from BBC...

Tranmere boss Ronnie Moore told Rovers' website: "Ian has been our top player this season.
"He is the best centre-back and keeping him shows the club's ambition."

Are you listening Brian Little, CENTRE BACK!

Goodi has been outstanding in the few games I've been to this season, glad he's staying .

Player
Morrisey
I thought it was funny when RM said something along the lines of 'He is good when played in the correct position'. I think there were a few digs a BL in that interview.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I thought it was funny when RM said something along the lines of 'He is good when played in the correct position'. I think there were a few digs a BL in that interview.
Yeah, definately. Saying his best position is at centre. Well, we all knew that, shame a certain person didn't!

To be fair to Goodison, he's certainly been very impressive this season and doesn't play like a 34-year old. He has bags of energy. Let's hope it continues.

Pete SWA!

jst thought that the boots made all the difference this season !O:) well done Ian new laces on their way

SWA
1 st Battalion

Spital Regiment =D> =D>

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Yeah thank god Toblerone finished his boot sponsorship last season!:lol:

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Welcome change of policy

Under the previous regime, any player over 30 only got offered a one-year contract. That's why Paul Hall left in August 2005 - and how we missed him last season!

Now 34-year-old Goodie gets a 2 1/2 year deal. It just shows - if you're good enough, you're young enough.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
While I wouldn't doubt that he's been one of our best players this season, I have doubts about giving him a contract this long, given his age and past fitness . Only time will tell.

Hopefully Ronnie will now endeavour to tie Chris Greenacre to a long-term deal and if Chris McCready is only on a 1 year deal, him likewise.

Del Shannon

Player
Iain Hume
Goodison is outstanding and must have played an average of 8/10 every time he has been played in his proper position since joining us.

Ronnie Moore recently declared him as the best centre back in the league and I would agree.

Its true that if you're old enough you're good enough, I'm very pleased he's got a new contract, he deserves it...