• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Going for an Irish.....

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
I don't know loads about this guy but I know he's highly rated here in the League Of Ireland. And it appears to me that he might feel this is his last opportunity to play in England.

I also don't think he'll be in a huge position to demand big money.

An Irish connection again, it never ceases to amaze me!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
He'd be useful as a attacking midfielder who can chip in with goals. Getting goals from midfield being a big problem over the last few years, he could just be the tonic. Not sure over his previous history though. Playing for Cork is hardly pushing him to the limits and he seemed to have a somewhat dubious period during his Ipswich/Brighton career..

Well, at least it's another name to chuck into the mix.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Nomur - what's the quality like in the League Of Ireland?

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
I'd like to think if you stuck a League Of Ireland team into League one in England they'd be top 6 at the end of the season.

There's a huge amount of talented young players that go unoticed over here. Scouts really don't travel here anymore and the days of loads of English League clubs coming here for pre season are well gone.

Tranmere used to come here a lot when I started supporting them. That's normally when players get spotted.

TRFCJason

Player
John Aldridge
I had him in the championship manager game and he was good in that, maybe he'll be getting mike duff next. lol

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
He sounds decent to be fair. If he can chip in with a fair share of goals, I'm sure we won't complain. Nice scouting The Rovers ;)