• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Glovers v Rovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Huish Park hasn't been a happy hunting ground for Rovers and we've lost on recent visits. Our opponents have got a returning manager in Gary Johnson, though the second coming didn't get off to the best start with a hammering in Sheffield.

Rovers have lost Robinson to injury and with Baxter back over the river, presume either Weir or McGurk will be deployed in the slot behind the striker, if we keep that formation. Enoch remains out, so Mustafa up front, given Les hasn't had a response to all of his calls about loan strikers yet. I feel Buchanan may come in at left-back for Zoum and half expect Ash Taylor to be moved into midfield if Labadie's unfit, freeing up a place for Goodison's return in central defence.

Prediction. Our last trip to the West country didn't go well. Rovers need something out of this, but I can't see it. 3-1.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
The mext two games are vital if we are not to get sucked into a relegation dogfight again we need a minimum of 4 points and im going for a draw

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Rovers have lost Robinson to injury and with Baxter back over the river, presume either Weir or McGurk will be deployed in the slot behind the striker, if we keep that formation. Enoch remains out, so Mustafa up front, given Les hasn't had a response to all of his calls about loan strikers yet. I feel Buchanan may come in at left-back for Zoum and half expect Ash Taylor to be moved into midfield if Labadie's unfit, freeing up a place for Goodison's return in central defence.

Prediction. Our last trip to the West country didn't go well. Rovers need something out of this, but I can't see it. 3-1.
I'd agree with most of that, except that I'd keep faith with the team after a good display against Brentford. So I'd keep Zoom for now. I'd give McGurk another go "in the hole", where hopefully he might get closer to Mustafa and possibly have more shots on goal. But Les's team selections are getting less and less predictable.

Our away form has been woeful for months. We need an unexpected point or three to turn the season around. I am hopeful this may be our chance, even though the odds are against it.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I would expect the same side as against Brentford other than Baxter, with Weir playing behind the striker. McGurk was tried in that role at Chesterfield and the system did not work at all, and I don't think Les will try that line up again.

Although we have a poor record at Yeovil, I am fairly optimistic. Yeovil's home form is dreadful with eight defeats so far, and if we are going to win another game away from home, this looks a reasonable bet despite our injury problems. I am hopeful of three points from this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.